Long period Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I know TSR is not the best place to this but I need some advice and am asking if anyone else has suffered similar.

I have been on my period for 26 days so far. I was like a week late so didn’t really take any notice when it went a few days over initially. However it hasn’t stopped. It is now light and hasn’t given me any other symptoms. I know I should probably go to the doctors but I’m embarrassed to broach it (I haven’t even told my Mum) and I’m terrified of blood tests- I know they are not bad, I have had one before but the thought of them gives me a lump in my throat.

My question is if I leave it, because I’m feeling absolutely fine would that give me any adverse affects later? Or would it like fade away? I’m thinking it could just be a hormone imbalance or something so perhaps it’s not serious at all. I’m defo not pregnant nor am I on any contraceptives. Has anyone suffered anything similar?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know TSR is not the best place to this but I need some advice and am asking if anyone else has suffered similar.

I have been on my period for 26 days so far. I was like a week late so didn’t really take any notice when it went a few days over initially. However it hasn’t stopped. It is now light and hasn’t given me any other symptoms. I know I should probably go to the doctors but I’m embarrassed to broach it (I haven’t even told my Mum) and I’m terrified of blood tests- I know they are not bad, I have had one before but the thought of them gives me a lump in my throat.

My question is if I leave it, because I’m feeling absolutely fine would that give me any adverse affects later? Or would it like fade away? I’m thinking it could just be a hormone imbalance or something so perhaps it’s not serious at all. I’m defo not pregnant nor am I on any contraceptives. Has anyone suffered anything similar?
How old are you and how long have you been getting your period? It's likely just your hormones going a bit out of whack. You could pop to a pharmacist and ask them for advice and they'll let you know if you should see your doctor.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
How old are you and how long have you been getting your period? It's likely just your hormones going a bit out of whack. You could pop to a pharmacist and ask them for advice and they'll let you know if you should see your doctor.
I’m 18 and have had my period since I was around 12/13. I never thought of going to the pharmacy, maybe I’ll do that
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
black tea
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 18 and have had my period since I was around 12/13. I never thought of going to the pharmacy, maybe I’ll do that
Go straight to your GP, that's what the pharmacist will tell you to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (508)
26.5%
The paper was reasonable (832)
43.4%
Not feeling great about that exam (374)
19.51%
It was TERRIBLE (203)
10.59%

Watched Threads