Wonyo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I do Eduqas Route B for RE and I’m wondering (doesn’t have to be my board) how you guys revise for RE? I average 6s (I know it’s a good pass but I would really like to get a 7)

Any tips?
horsetext
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Disclaimer: I am doing OCR Christianity/Islam, so my input will be of limited help

That being said, I reckon a large contributor to my success in RS is passion. As late in the game as it is, reading philosophical works, even if they are short and of minimal relevance to the course, will likely develop your argumentative skill. Draw upon a host of traditions and schools of thought, especially in the Philosophy/Ethics section (or your equivalent), when learning quotes; don't neglect philosophers in favour of a pure concentration on quotations from the relevant Holy texts. If need be, look up 'famous [Christian] theologians' and find generous references that could be applied to most topics.
xdbatmanpvpxd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I feel like I am the only one who does AQA RS Islam/Christianity but I would say know good quotes that can be used for more than one point and make sure you know the structure on how to answer questions. don't be afraid to have intresting views on the thematic paper (if you have one) but make sure you waffle educatively and use some nice connectives for the 12 maker (if you have one) i get 8 (about 22/24) in every section of mocks we have done
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by xdbatmanpvpxd)
I feel like I am the only one who does AQA RS Islam/Christianity but I would say know good quotes that can be used for more than one point and make sure you know the structure on how to answer questions. don't be afraid to have intresting views on the thematic paper (if you have one) but make sure you waffle educatively and use some nice connectives for the 12 maker (if you have one) i get 8 (about 22/24) in every section of mocks we have done
I do aqa too..except not Christianity but Judaism
Good luck with ur exam
Last edited by Zoeyyyyyyyy; 9 months ago
mcvillaind
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Wonyo)
I do Eduqas Route B for RE and I’m wondering (doesn’t have to be my board) how you guys revise for RE? I average 6s (I know it’s a good pass but I would really like to get a 7)

Any tips?
fucj revising
nightloc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
i do edexcel christianity/islam:

my teacher did this revision game thing with us where the class had to describe the keyword to the chosen person without saying the forbidden words (just obvious ones) and it really helped me remember the key definitions and words. obviously then do more focused revision on the importance of things (idk if your exam board has to do that?) and then remember a few widely used quotes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?