The Student Room Group

What am I meant to do??:(

Hi,

So I got rejected 5 times for midwifery this time last year.i was devasted And I applied for Optometry which was my dream course through Ucas Extra and I got in, I got in for the foudsbtion programme as I did alevel Chemistry and they wanted 2 sciences and they didnt accept Psychology as a science.

So In order to get onto Optom in September I need 60% in all modules. I passed the first semester and today I had physics and biology exam and they went terrible:frown:
I am so so upset!! I wont be able to get onto optom and I have no other career that I want. I had my heart set onto Optom.
Being rejected from 5 unis was heartbreaking and if I get rejected now I dont know what's going to happen.
I really dont know what to do:frown:

I work so so hard!! I am such a motivated student and I dont know why but I always fail all the time!
I understand life is a learning experience but when ever something happens good it always is too good to last.
If I dont get onto optom I either will have to do the foundation programme again which I really cannot because this year has been so so stressful:frown:
Or they may just put me onto Psychology which career in psychology doesn't really interest me!
If i refuse the uni will throw me out and I dont know what else to do:frown:

I am such a big failure. Nothing ever goes well for me ever!! It hurts because I work so so hard yet I still fail all the time:frown:

I havent shared this with anyone hence I'm here. I have a sixth form teacher who I stay in touch with but dont think it's fair for me to share how I'm feeling with her:frown:

Thank you
Reply 1
BUMP!
Reply 2
Please help, I dont know what to do with life anymore:frown:
Hello,
I personally would suggest redoing the foundation year. I understand you may not want to but chances are the second time round may be easier as you're used to how it all works. This may give you time to ask your lecturers where you've made mistakes and why you failed and then you can go back and work on those things. This will hopefully help you pass. If you really want to go into this subject, then you have to keep trying. So many people don't pass the first time round, especially when it's such a challenging subject. Try not to be so harsh on yourself, remember nobody is perfect and it doesn't matter how long it takes. Life is a journey. Some students study for over 5 years in order to gain the degree they want. Just try to believe in yourself more :smile: Most universities also have support services which you should be able to contact (in person or by email) and they may be able to help you through this process
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

So I got rejected 5 times for midwifery this time last year.i was devasted And I applied for Optometry which was my dream course through Ucas Extra and I got in, I got in for the foudsbtion programme as I did alevel Chemistry and they wanted 2 sciences and they didnt accept Psychology as a science.

So In order to get onto Optom in September I need 60% in all modules. I passed the first semester and today I had physics and biology exam and they went terrible:frown:
I am so so upset!! I wont be able to get onto optom and I have no other career that I want. I had my heart set onto Optom.
Being rejected from 5 unis was heartbreaking and if I get rejected now I dont know what's going to happen.
I really dont know what to do:frown:

I work so so hard!! I am such a motivated student and I dont know why but I always fail all the time!
I understand life is a learning experience but when ever something happens good it always is too good to last.
If I dont get onto optom I either will have to do the foundation programme again which I really cannot because this year has been so so stressful:frown:
Or they may just put me onto Psychology which career in psychology doesn't really interest me!
If i refuse the uni will throw me out and I dont know what else to do:frown:

I am such a big failure. Nothing ever goes well for me ever!! It hurts because I work so so hard yet I still fail all the time:frown:

I havent shared this with anyone hence I'm here. I have a sixth form teacher who I stay in touch with but dont think it's fair for me to share how I'm feeling with her:frown:

Thank you
Reply 4
Thank you so much for the response:smile:)

You see my course is already 4 years and if I do this again it's going to be 5 years. On top of that I have the pressure to marry aswell and then Its going to be so hard for me to marry and still be at uni too:frown:
My parents want me to marry within 2/3 years so yeh.
I'm just struggling- I have anxiety and I'm trying to remain focus in the present and not worry about the future. I just pray I have done enough and now I'm trying to not worry about it.
If I have failed I'll have to see what other options are there for me when the time comes:frown:
I wouldn't be upset if I didnt work hard but I know I work so much yet somehow end up not doing well and getting to do what I want!

I dont know whether i should tell my teacher who I get in touch with often.. lol

Thank you so much x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending