username4187118
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
have some questions..
1. can white blood cells undergo phagocytosis on bacteria?
2.can diffusion still occur across a partially permeable membrane?
3.can u say eukaryotes when describing organisms or do u use it for cells? Like can you say 'this organism is a eukaryote'
4. is lactic acid produced in cells themselves?
PyroVulpese
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1. Phagocytosis is the process through which phagocytes engulf pathogens so yeah
2. Osmosis is simply the "diffusion" of water particles through a partially permeable membrane
3. I think what you're looking for is Multicellular organisms
4. lactic acids are produced in muscles during anaerobic respiration, so not to sure where you're going with that one
username4187118
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thank you! so do you said the organisms have eukaryotic cells? also if it isn't water, like oxygen into cells for example, do you still say it's diffusion across a partially permeable membrane?
(Original post by PyroVulpese)
1. Phagocytosis is the process through which phagocytes engulf pathogens so yeah
2. Osmosis is simply the "diffusion" of water particles through a partially permeable membrane
3. I think what you're looking for is Multicellular organisms
4. lactic acids are produced in muscles during anaerobic respiration, so not to sure where you're going with that one
sbms100
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Randomusername5)
thank you! so do you said the organisms have eukaryotic cells? also if it isn't water, like oxygen into cells for example, do you still say it's diffusion across a partially permeable membrane?
No, diffusion has nothing to do with a partially permeable membrane
PyroVulpese
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Randomusername5)
(Original post by gb0101)
No, diffusion has nothing to do with a partially permeable membrane
I understand the confusion here but osmosis is the special case of diffusion involving water molecules, as a solvent. Diffusion is simply a form of movement that you can find in all sorts of different scenarios with different mediums and solvents in this case water and of course the partially permeable membrane
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (54)
40.3%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
17.16%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.48%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (12)
8.96%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (14)
10.45%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
8.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
9.7%

Watched Threads