Organising my Time Watch

Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've tried using a revision timetable several times, but it hasn't worked. Does anyone have any tips as to how to organise my time in the run up to exams?
Wonyo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly, timetables can make you stressed to follow it consistently.

Instead, I use a checklist so I can see what I have left and take all the time I need. Knowing I’m completing them in a day and watching them all get ticked off is reassuring.

My teacher recommends doing 30 min working sessions with 10 min breaks. I use an app called Flora that grows a tree while you work and if you go off the app (like go on your phone) you kill the tree. Sounds a bit silly, but it works for me.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Wonyo)
Honestly, timetables can make you stressed to follow it consistently.

Instead, I use a checklist so I can see what I have left and take all the time I need. Knowing I’m completing them in a day and watching them all get ticked off is reassuring.

My teacher recommends doing 30 min working sessions with 10 min breaks. I use an app called Flora that grows a tree while you work and if you go off the app (like go on your phone) you kill the tree. Sounds a bit silly, but it works for me.
Thank you. I usually do 1 hour blocks of work with 10 minute breaks (it makes me feel like I'm working harder because the hours seem to add up more quickly). I'll try putting some checklists together. Thanks.
Birmingham City University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi 782446389,

Organising your time can actually be one of the hardest parts of revision. Our students sometimes find it easier to have a one week revision timetable, rather than trying to tackle a whole month or even the entire exam season. It's also worth really considering your priorities and identifying the areas that need most work. A timetable is redundant if you're not allocating the needed time to help you strengthen your weaker subjects.

Like Wonyo suggested checklists could be a really good way for you to find your revision focus. Each week set yourself a list of goals and how you think you can achieve them? Are you varying you revision techniques? If there's a really good YouTube video you could watch on a particular topic you could maybe note down that you want to make time for it. Or you could set a goal of how many past paper you want to achieve on a given week. Perhaps if you plan around the activity / technique rather than a time slot you might find it more beneficial.

Everyone is different and works best in different ways, but we do have lots more time management tips and ideas on our exams and revision website if you feel like you need some more inspiration.

Best of luck with the revision!

The BCU team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (518)
26.28%
The paper was reasonable (859)
43.58%
Not feeling great about that exam (385)
19.53%
It was TERRIBLE (209)
10.6%

Watched Threads