English Literature GCSE Watch

Mansorr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello. Our first exam for English Lit is on Wednesday and I'm not nearly as prepared as I should be. I genuinely feel like I am going to fail. How many paragraphs should I write in Section A and also in Section B. Can someone break it down for me? Also how can I incorporate context into my essays as that's always something I lack. Also, WJEC Eduqas is my exam board.
Dulciebr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did AQA english lit GCSE last year and one of the things that my A level English teacher has said to us is not to think of every question in terms of how many paragraphs you should write - it's more making sure that you've actually ANSWERED the question with those paragraphs. For every paragraph, make sure what you've put in is relevant to the question and try not to get sidetracked. I'm not sure how long you'll have for each section with WJEC Eduqas but if you're after an approximation, a paragraph every 8 ish minutes is a good number to aim for.
For context, try not to force it in. Make sure it's actually relevant and supports your argument. If it does, it should incorporate into your essay quite naturally. If not, at GCSE as long as it supports your argument and is relevant to the question, it doesn't need to be really well integrated, as long as you've got some in there.
Good luck!!
skittlessh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
maybe this is quite late, but i’m sure you’ll be able to use this for the rest of the english papers - READ THE EXAMINERS REPORT!!! They literally tell you everything they are looking for in an answer and how the students should answer the question (in terms of structure etc). since you’ve done the english lit exam, how did it go? good luck with the rest of your exams!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (394)
26.08%
The paper was reasonable (652)
43.15%
Not feeling great about that exam (301)
19.92%
It was TERRIBLE (164)
10.85%

Watched Threads