Hair growth for prom Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am a sufferer of Trichotillomania, and have a small bald spot on my central hairline. It can be barely covered by my hair, and when the wind blows it can expose the ‘white scalp’. I have about half an inch to an inch of hair there and have been using castor oil masking every 3 nights and taking 5000ug of biotin supplements a day. I have just over a month until prom day and I’m too scared to go to the hairdresser for a trial as I’m afraid it will expose it. I haven’t even told my mother. Any suggestions for telling her or rapid hair growth? This is really inconvenient before exams haha 😂
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am a sufferer of Trichotillomania, and have a small bald spot on my central hairline. It can be barely covered by my hair, and when the wind blows it can expose the ‘white scalp’. I have about half an inch to an inch of hair there and have been using castor oil masking every 3 nights and taking 5000ug of biotin supplements a day. I have just over a month until prom day and I’m too scared to go to the hairdresser for a trial as I’m afraid it will expose it. I haven’t even told my mother. Any suggestions for telling her or rapid hair growth? This is really inconvenient before exams haha 😂
I think you should go to the hairdressers for a trial and tell them you suffer from trichotillomania- they will probably be your best bet in helping you look after your hair mask your bald spot. Some of my hair fell out as a side effect to medication and going to the hairdressers really boosted my confidence! To encourage new growth, drink plenty of water and eat foods with healthy fats in; also avoid putting heat on your hair. You're on the right tracks by taking supplements and doing hair masks. I also think it might be worth telling your parents and going to the GP, as they will be able to help you long term.

Hope this helps!

Lucy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (41)
5.66%
Fairly positive (240)
33.15%
Just another year... (287)
39.64%
Is it 2020 yet? (156)
21.55%

Watched Threads