Hair concerns Watch

Squeasel7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My prom is coming up soon and I have Trichotillomania. For those of you who don’t know about this it’s a condition where you get unprovoked impulses to pull out follicles of hair. I have a bald spot which I can merely hide under a few strands of longer hair, but when the wind blows it can uncover part of the white scalp area. I can see the hair follicles growing slowly, but it’s not enough to mask the white. I have about a inch long tuft of hair sticking up when I tie my hair up. I’ve been taking biotin (5000ug) everyday for 1 month and half now and also using castor oil masks 3 days a week for my hair. Does anybody have any suggestions of increasing hair growth. I also have stopped my mom from booking me hair trials for prom because I’m too scared that the hairdresser will ask me about it or I’ll be sitting there with it on show and can’t do anything about it. I haven’t even told my mom about it! How can I tell her? And how can I go and see a hairdresser with it?
Zendaya1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Squeasel7)
My prom is coming up soon and I have Trichotillomania. For those of you who don’t know about this it’s a condition where you get unprovoked impulses to pull out follicles of hair. I have a bald spot which I can merely hide under a few strands of longer hair, but when the wind blows it can uncover part of the white scalp area. I can see the hair follicles growing slowly, but it’s not enough to mask the white. I have about a inch long tuft of hair sticking up when I tie my hair up. I’ve been taking biotin (5000ug) everyday for 1 month and half now and also using castor oil masks 3 days a week for my hair. Does anybody have any suggestions of increasing hair growth. I also have stopped my mom from booking me hair trials for prom because I’m too scared that the hairdresser will ask me about it or I’ll be sitting there with it on show and can’t do anything about it. I haven’t even told my mom about it! How can I tell her? And how can I go and see a hairdresser with it?
If it's a ittle spot cover with makeup becz u can't grow Ur hair asap. I heard about rubbing onion on the areas where there's no growth also use coconut or black seed oil there's so much power
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (41)
5.69%
Fairly positive (239)
33.19%
Just another year... (285)
39.58%
Is it 2020 yet? (155)
21.53%

Watched Threads