Help about anxiety Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey all I have important exams starting tomorrow, it’s weird but all my life I’ve had a real phobia of being sick but it’s worse the last few months. I’d say it’s anxiety related because it’s especially at school or in places away from home, I feel it in my throat and mouth and I have to force myself to eat food or sometimes don’t eat at all at school, I also find it a little hard to breathe. These exams are in the main hall with 200 people from my year and I know in a situation like that it’ll kick in and I’ll feel sick. I also feel some kind of emptiness in my stomach possibly because I don’t eat a lot.. lol. Also since I’ve felt this way I haven’t physically thrown up so it’s definitely in my head. Does anyone have any tips
hykha
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey all I have important exams starting tomorrow, it’s weird but all my life I’ve had a real phobia of being sick but it’s worse the last few months. I’d say it’s anxiety related because it’s especially at school or in places away from home, I feel it in my throat and mouth and I have to force myself to eat food or sometimes don’t eat at all at school, I also find it a little hard to breathe. These exams are in the main hall with 200 people from my year and I know in a situation like that it’ll kick in and I’ll feel sick. I also feel some kind of emptiness in my stomach possibly because I don’t eat a lot.. lol. Also since I’ve felt this way I haven’t physically thrown up so it’s definitely in my head. Does anyone have any tips
Try these when you're feeling anxious or stressed:

1)Take a time-out. Practice yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage, or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from the problem helps clear your head.
2)Eat well-balanced meals. Do not skip any meals. Do keep healthful, energy-boosting snacks on hand.
3)Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
4)Get enough sleep. When stressed, your body needs additional sleep and rest.
5)Exercise daily to help you feel good and maintain your health. Check out the fitness tips below.
6)Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly.
Count to 10 slowly. Repeat, and count to 20 if necessary.
Do your best. Instead of aiming for perfection, which isn't possible, be proud of however close you get.
Accept that you cannot control everything. Put your stress in perspective: Is it really as bad as you think?
&Welcome humor. A good laugh goes a long way.
8)Maintain a positive attitude. Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
9)Get involved. Volunteer or find another way to be active in your community, which creates a support network and gives you a break from everyday stress.
last but not the least, learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or something else you can identify? Write in a journal when you’re feeling stressed or anxious, and look for a pattern.Talk to someone. Tell friends and family you’re feeling overwhelmed, and let them know how they can help you. Talk to a physician or therapist for professional help... and if u dont find anybody, feel free to talk to me! hope this helps!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
You may be able to do your exams in a classroom away from everyone else. Ask your teacher to see if this is possible.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thank you I will try these out !
(Original post by hykha)
Try these when you're feeling anxious or stressed:

1)Take a time-out. Practice yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage, or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from the problem helps clear your head.
2)Eat well-balanced meals. Do not skip any meals. Do keep healthful, energy-boosting snacks on hand.
3)Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
4)Get enough sleep. When stressed, your body needs additional sleep and rest.
5)Exercise daily to help you feel good and maintain your health. Check out the fitness tips below.
6)Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly.
Count to 10 slowly. Repeat, and count to 20 if necessary.
Do your best. Instead of aiming for perfection, which isn't possible, be proud of however close you get.
Accept that you cannot control everything. Put your stress in perspective: Is it really as bad as you think?
&Welcome humor. A good laugh goes a long way.
8)Maintain a positive attitude. Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
9)Get involved. Volunteer or find another way to be active in your community, which creates a support network and gives you a break from everyday stress.
last but not the least, learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or something else you can identify? Write in a journal when you’re feeling stressed or anxious, and look for a pattern.Talk to someone. Tell friends and family you’re feeling overwhelmed, and let them know how they can help you. Talk to a physician or therapist for professional help... and if u dont find anybody, feel free to talk to me! hope this helps!
hykha
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you I will try these out !
you're welcome!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.77%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.26%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.06%

Watched Threads