The Student Room Group

Alevel Biology Practicals

For the exams are we meant to know about practical knowledge such as the procedure of the experiment and so forth or not?
Reply 1
They will ask you certain questions that are related to the practicals. Like with aqa they can ask you to work out the mitotic index and that
Yeah, they can ask you why they do certain procedures, and how they do them. They will also ask you to interpret results from these practicals.
Reply 3
Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by tocka90
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQXFnAzACAnOAPVBv-QRNTQ
Look here for exam tips and practical skills
Sometimes they can require you to write a practical yourself.. similar to the ones you've done obviously but reciting the steps of it could easily be a question.
Original post by RebmaKopy
For the exams are we meant to know about practical knowledge such as the procedure of the experiment and so forth or not?
Reply 5
Fair enough with the procedure, but with the results I obtained and my hypothesis, would they require that in the essay too or not?
Original post by CopyThat
Sometimes they can require you to write a practical yourself.. similar to the ones you've done obviously but reciting the steps of it could easily be a question.
With hypothesise - they may ask you to write your own either a normal or a null hypothesis.
Or they will give you a hypothesis and a set of results (usually in a graph) and ask you to analyse whether they were correct or not.
But you don't have to memorise any hypothesise from your practicals as if they ask you for a hypothesis they will usually give you a lot of background on the investigation.

You don't have to remember any results from your required practicals that you obtained however you could be given a question with a graph and be asked to find the results from that - nothing too hard but you certainly don't have to memorise your results don't worry!
Original post by RebmaKopy
Fair enough with the procedure, but with the results I obtained and my hypothesis, would they require that in the essay too or not?

Quick Reply

Latest