RebmaKopy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
For the exams are we meant to know about practical knowledge such as the procedure of the experiment and so forth or not?
studyr
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
They will ask you certain questions that are related to the practicals. Like with aqa they can ask you to work out the mitotic index and that
SuplexCity45
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah, they can ask you why they do certain procedures, and how they do them. They will also ask you to interpret results from these practicals.
RebmaKopy
Rep:
?
Thanks!
(Original post by tocka90)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQX...AnOAPVBv-QRNTQ
Look here for exam tips and practical skills
CopyThat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Sometimes they can require you to write a practical yourself.. similar to the ones you've done obviously but reciting the steps of it could easily be a question.
(Original post by RebmaKopy)
For the exams are we meant to know about practical knowledge such as the procedure of the experiment and so forth or not?
RebmaKopy
Rep:
?
Fair enough with the procedure, but with the results I obtained and my hypothesis, would they require that in the essay too or not?
(Original post by CopyThat)
Sometimes they can require you to write a practical yourself.. similar to the ones you've done obviously but reciting the steps of it could easily be a question.
CopyThat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
With hypothesise - they may ask you to write your own either a normal or a null hypothesis.
Or they will give you a hypothesis and a set of results (usually in a graph) and ask you to analyse whether they were correct or not.
But you don't have to memorise any hypothesise from your practicals as if they ask you for a hypothesis they will usually give you a lot of background on the investigation.

You don't have to remember any results from your required practicals that you obtained however you could be given a question with a graph and be asked to find the results from that - nothing too hard but you certainly don't have to memorise your results don't worry!
(Original post by RebmaKopy)
Fair enough with the procedure, but with the results I obtained and my hypothesis, would they require that in the essay too or not?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19