Film Distribution and Marketing MA @ Birmingham New Technology Institute Watch

WhatToStudy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has studied this particular course or in this university and can give some feedback on their experiences.

I would really like to know if this course has helped their career but also what its like to study in the said institute.

Thank you
DuckDodgers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It includes a placement but it seems really expensive and I'm not convinced. From personal experience I know courses like this tend to attract a huge swathe of international students so if you're not International yourself then you might not enjoy the environment.

I personally volunteered with a film festival a few years ago and if I were so inclined could have learned much more about marketing/distribution. It's a route I would highly recommend to you over this course - it's the arts so they're always open to volunteers.
Last edited by DuckDodgers; 1 week ago
WhatToStudy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Well unfortunately there seems to be no cheap means to study anything in the UK anymore.

(Original post by DuckDodgers)
It includes a placement but it seems really expensive and I'm not convinced. From personal experience I know courses like this tend to attract a huge swathe of international students -- which really translates into they're trying to take advantage of the middle-class Chinese market.

I personally volunteered with a film festival a few years ago and if I were so inclined could have learned much more about marketing/distribution. It's a route I would highly recommend to you over this course - it's the arts so they're always open to volunteers.
DuckDodgers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WhatToStudy)
Well unfortunately there seems to be no cheap means to study anything in the UK anymore.

(Original post by DuckDodgers)
True. I'm not trying to say you shouldn't do it because the cost will be funded by the postgraduate loan system but I will advise that you email film companies and festivals asking for work experience first. Whatever you learn in that degree will be about as useful:

https://www.launchingfilms.com/links/
https://www.bfi.org.uk/education-res...ung-filmmakers

I worked for East End Film Festival. They're a nice bunch but unfortunately it's not running this year.
Last edited by DuckDodgers; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (87)
16.76%
The paper was reasonable (256)
49.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (120)
23.12%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
10.79%

Watched Threads