gymdandy211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Helppp! Is it necessary to include quotes in every single paragraph you do? Or can you just paraphrase like, the bible teaches that....
solo_writer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You can paraphrase but you need to include key beliefs that are RELEVANT. I read the examiners report for AQA from last year and they were unhappy with the number of people using irrelevant quotes. So you're okay if you only know key beliefs. What you don't want to do is use 'love they neighbour' for everything! You'd be better off learning the sheep and goat parable and lord's prayer. Hope this helps Good luck tomorrow!
Edit:typo
Last edited by solo_writer; 9 months ago
gymdandy211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Thank
(Original post by solo_writer)
You can paraphrase but you need to include key beliefs that are RELEVANT. I read the examiners report for AQA from last year and they were unhappy with the number of people using irrelevant quotes. So you're okay if you only know key beliefs. What you don't want to is use 'love they neighbour' for everything! You'd be better off learning the sheep and goat parable and lord's prayer. Hope this helps Good luck tomorrow!
Edit:typo
Thank you sooo much! Good luck for tomorrow!
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Moved to GCSEs to see if we can get you any extra last minute replies. :yep:

I'm a GCSE student but I don't take RS or CS so I start Tuesday. All I can say is, bEst Of LuCK! Remember not to bang out "Love thy neighbour" .
Wonyo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi! I think referring to “sources of wisdom” rather than learning quotes is much better for RS. Of course, paraphrase when you can, but when referring to sources such as Gaudium Et Spes, The Enchiridion, etc. and linking that to teaching, it will help more and show the examiner your level of understanding.

Happy revising, and good luck for tomorrow if you have it! (Cause I do. D: Yikes)
Notprepared
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What are the prediction for Buddhism aqa?? I’m not prepared for it!!
solo_writer
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Wait a second. Are they part of Christianity or Islam because I don't remember those sources!?
(Original post by Wonyo)
Hi! I think referring to “sources of wisdom” rather than learning quotes is much better for RS. Of course, paraphrase when you can, but when referring to sources such as Gaudium Et Spes, The Enchiridion, etc. and linking that to teaching, it will help more and show the examiner your level of understanding.

Happy revising, and good luck for tomorrow if you have it! (Cause I do. D: Yikes)
Wonyo
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
solo_writer these come under origins and meanings/good and evil for paper 1 christianity however... i do eduqas D:

do we have the same exam board?
solo_writer
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm AQA and I don't think we cover the origins
(Original post by Wonyo)
solo_writer these come under origins and meanings/good and evil for paper 1 christianity however... i do eduqas D:

Wonyo
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
oh that’s fine then! ignore what i said lol, most of the sources refer to teachings like imago dei, stewardship etc. the enchiridion and st augustine are good and evil
carasjones
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Wonyo)

do you do wjec eduqas? do you know any predictions for the themes paper tomorrow??
Notprepared
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Im stressing out!! I’m aiming for 7 and can Anyone tell me what are the prediction for Buddhism aqa?? I’m not prepared for it!!
solo_writer
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I don't but good luck!
(Original post by carasjones)
do you do wjec eduqas? do you know any predictions for the themes paper tomorrow??
Wonyo
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
@carasjones yes i do wjec eduqas, i don’t have any predictions because i’m not sure what was done last year would be useful to check out last years paper though
carasjones
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
alright, i'll do that thanks
(Original post by Wonyo)
@carasjones yes i do wjec eduqas, i don’t have any predictions because i’m not sure what was done last year would be useful to check out last years paper though
kitkat_63_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'd advise not to focus on what is predicted, as I sat AQA RS last year, and the questions were ones that would not have been predicted (for Christianity and Islam).
My RS teacher said for Islam it was most likely to by "X" is the most important pillar (12)
On of the 12s was "Jumu'ah (Friday prayer) is the most important prayer for a muslim" (12) or words to that effect.
So remember, just because something might not come up, doesn't mean it can't

My other piece of advise is if you find the question hard, its likely that most others will to. For the one above, after our exam everyone was worried about not doing so well because of the question, but everyone who does the same options will be faced with the same questions, so don't panic if its not one you have specifically prepared for
kitkat_63_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Though, if the people who wrote the exams are anything like last years there'll be a question that has food in it.
This was the case for all my AQA exams (RS, Bio, Chem, Physics, English Lang) as well as CIE (ICT, Geo, Eng Lit) and Edexcel (Maths)
solo_writer
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
All good. I've got fasting for sawm and two contrasting beliefs about the bread and wine... I can now guarantee that is not coming up.
(Original post by kitkat_63_)
Though, if the people who wrote the exams are anything like last years there'll be a question that has food in it.
This was the case for all my AQA exams (RS, Bio, Chem, Physics, English Lang) as well as CIE (ICT, Geo, Eng Lit) and Edexcel (Maths)
MattHutchy
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What’s the quotes everyone knows for Islam and Christianity?
zohra25
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
what are good sources of authority i can use for awa islamic/christian beliefs and practices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (216)
61.36%
Yes- I don't like it (13)
3.69%
No- I want it (99)
28.13%
No- I don't want it (24)