The Student Room Group

Clearing and SAAS

Hey I have a little problem,
I have got an offer from university of Glasgow and I have made that uni my firm choice, but I know that I will not meet the requirements. (I had my final exams last week)

I know that I still have a chance to study by clearing, but what about SAAS funding? I choose Scotland mainly because of that funding 😔 Do I still have a chance to get funding for my first year if I will use clearing?
You can update SAAS with your new course after clearing. If you do this ASAP, then your funding shouldn't be delayed, but if you wait, or don't apply at all until after clearing, it's likely your funding would be delayed, so you'd need some way of covering your living expenses in that gap.

If you've chosen a firm you don't think you will get into, why haven't you chosen an insurance choice?

It's also worth noting that unis have a quota (limit) on the number of SAAS students they can take per course, so there are generally less clearing places available for Scottish/EU students.
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
If you've chosen a firm you don't think you will get into, why haven't you chosen an insurance choice?

I have got only one offer so I could make it as my firm choice and try to get there or I could use clearing which anyway I can do now too
When I changed course during clearing I notified SAAS of the change straightaway. My funding was delayed to mid-October because of this, and they gave me the September and October payments as one lump sum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending