?
Report 1 month ago
How do you stop Jos?
Haider.alix
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pitches in England are batting friendly, so i guess its hard to stop buttler but inclusion of Amir and Shadab would be handy. One more thing Pakistan is winning the WC mark my words
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Realistically, it's going to be India or England. Australia, WI and SA outsiders, probably with NZ just behind them, and then Afghanistan, Bangladesh, SL bringing up the rear.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
England
(Original post by Haider.alix)
Pitches in England are batting friendly, so i guess its hard to stop buttler but inclusion of Amir and Shadab would be handy. One more thing Pakistan is winning the WC mark my words
So do Pakistan judging by their hashtag for the tournament #WeHaveWeWill

Even though I'd love them to confound expectations, I don't see it this time. If they match or surpass 2015's WC of a quarter final place then that would be realistic expectation and ending their WC hoodoo v India would count as success. So far in the games vs England they've surprised by racking up 300 scores which is not really their forte, however their bowling which historically has been their shining light, is struggling. Amir's form has been woeful since 2017, and they've got young, inexperienced players in the attack. The exclusion of Junaid (he's not happy and rightly so) seems harsh in place of Wahab who didn't even play in the ODI series v England. He has played county cricket but so has Junaid who would have been a better fit. Perhaps Wahab's pace and stature nudged it his way.

Batting wise, Sarfaraz has to go up the order as the last ODI proved. He's not a big hitter, but active on the crease however he's having to accomodate Hafeez who doesn't want to go down to six which incidentally, he showed he could be a hitter as in the 2017 Champions Trophy final. Asif Ali's tragic news of his daughter's passing means we may not see his exciting and attacking potential, but Fakhar and Imam in the runs is positive. Babar is in good nick but I've still doubts he can really be what the team needs, he's too plodding for my liking.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
England squad for the Cricket World Cup
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex, captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Tom Curran (Surrey), Liam Dawson (Hampshire), Liam Plunkett (Surrey), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Ben Stokes (Durham), James Vince (Hampshire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham).
Haider.alix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i wanna see a pakistan vs india final . nothing better than that
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Loving England's kit.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
England vs South Africa today :yay:
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
England Roy, Bairstow, Root, Morgan (c), Stokes, Buttler (wk), Ali, Woakes, Rashid, Archer, Plunkett.

South Africa Amla, de Kock (c), Markram, du Plessis, van der Dussen, Duminy, Phehlukwayo, Pretorius, Rabada, Ngidi, Tahir.
Pepsey
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Got a job as a steward for most games :dance: Pretty mad aha
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Bairstow went first ball - de Kock snaffling off Tahir, before du Plessis claimed Roy by snaffling him of Phehlukwayo on 54. Root fell three shy of that figure - for 51 - when Duminy claimed him off Rabada.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Still not a fan of the blue clothing :laugh:
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Morgan was claimed by Markram on 57, off Tahir, and Buttler skittled by Ngidi on 18. Mo fended Ngidi to Faf on 3, Woakes caught by Faf off Rabada on 13, with Amla claiming Stokes on 89 off the same bowler. Outstanding death bowling from Ngidi, backing his slower balls throughout. Yes, Stokes got the first full ball to the rope but he couldn’t lay a glove on him thereafter, the big quick beating both batsmen with his cutters. In an effort to make something from nothing from the last ball, Stokes reversed his grip to clear short third man but ended up giving him a catch. The end of an important innings, which has pushed England beyond 300, his 89 coming in 79 balls. A single to mid-off closes the home side’s innings. Not the best, not the worst. But given where they were 20 minutes ago, a score they will be satisfied with at lunch.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Archer had Markram caught by Root on 11, du PLessis was caught by Ali off Archer on 5, de Kock was caught by Root off Plunkett on 68, Duminy caught by Stokes off Mo on 8, Pretorius run out on 1, van der Dussen caught by Mo off Archer for a half-ton, Phehlukwayo snaffled by Stokes off Rashid on 24, Amla taken behind off Plunkett on 13, Rabada caught by Plunkett off Stokes on 11, Tahir caught by Root off Stokes on 0. That’s a really impressive win for England, not least because they lost an important toss. The stars were Ben Stokes, who found a cure for 12 known medical conditions, and the majestic Jofra Archer. Archer finished with figures of 7-1-27-3, while Liam Plunkett had a decent day and took the vital wicket of Quinton de Kock at a time when England were in a bit of trouble. That was the decisive moment of the match, but it was not the champagne moment. England’s next game is gainst Pakistan at Trent Bridge on Monday. South Africa meet Bangladesh on this ground on Sunday.
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Archer had Markram caught by Root on 11, du PLessis was caught by Ali off Archer on 5, de Kock was caught by Root off Plunkett on 68, Duminy caught by Stokes off Mo on 8, Pretorius run out on 1, van der Dussen caught by Mo off Archer for a half-ton, Phehlukwayo snaffled by Stokes off Rashid on 24, Amla taken behind off Plunkett on 13, Rabada caught by Plunkett off Stokes on 11, Tahir caught by Root off Stokes on 0. That’s a really impressive win for England, not least because they lost an important toss. The stars were Ben Stokes, who found a cure for 12 known medical conditions, and the majestic Jofra Archer. Archer finished with figures of 7-1-27-3, while Liam Plunkett had a decent day and took the vital wicket of Quinton de Kock at a time when England were in a bit of trouble. That was the decisive moment of the match, but it was not the champagne moment. England’s next game is gainst Pakistan at Trent Bridge on Monday. South Africa meet Bangladesh on this ground on Sunday.
I just came to say "We won!" but now I feel stupid :hide:
SchmuckOff
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oof, England better win it all, sold us dreams in football, better make up for it here.
(Original post by batter mix)
I just came to say "We won!" but now I feel stupid :hide:
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Stokes’ magical day is complete: 89 runs, the greatest catch in World Cup history and he sealed the win with his wicket.
DragonsOfAsshai
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hoping for india to win the cup, england look tough to beat though. Fans already singing it's coming home lmao
Last edited by DragonsOfAsshai; 3 weeks ago
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
God. Awful from Pakistan. Imam fell to Cottrell - via Hope - on 2, with Russell bowling Fakhar, Haris taken by Hope off Russell, Babar caught by Hope off Thomas on 22, Sarfraz and Imad taken by Hope and Gayle on 8 and 1 respectively, Shadab trapped for a duck by Thomas, Cottrell taking Hafeez and Hasan off Thomas and Holder for 16 and 1, and Wahab b Thomas 18. Pakistan 105 all out. Gayle broke the record for the most sixes in World Cup history on his way to smashing a half-century in the West Indies’ comprehensive seven-wicket win against Pakistan at Trent Bridge.

Pakistan’s carelessness in the face of the short-ball tactic meant they crumpled to 105 all out in 21.4 overs. Thomas was the main beneficiary with four for 27 on his tournament bow before Gayle took centre stage amid a blizzard of boundaries as the Windies overhauled their target with 36.2 overs to spare. Gayle made a rusty start but warmed to his task with back-to-back sixes off Hasan Ali, which took the opener past AB de Villiers’ record for the most sixes hit in the tournament’s history. Mohammad Amir, who was passed fit after missing the England series, ensured there would be no abject surrender from Pakistan as he snared both Shai Hope and Darren Bravo.

Gayle was a long way from his fluent best but still brought up a 33-ball half-century, falling off the next delivery to Amir - as the left-armer found form by returning figures of three for 26. Nicholas Pooran took up the baton and finished with 34 from 19 balls as the 1975 and 1979 champions started their tournament in ideal fashion, while Pakistan, winners in 1992, succumbed to their 11th successive ODI defeat
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (36)
24.66%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (51)
34.93%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (25)
17.12%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (11)
7.53%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (23)
15.75%

Watched Threads