The Student Room Group

Tissues in exams (GCSE)

Okay so I have a bad cold/ hay fever st the moment and my exams start like in 2 days. In my mocks I took tissues in bc I didn’t want to distract myself or others by sniffing, However I’m not sure I’ll be able to take it into my actual exams. Also I don’t want to use the ones in there as I feel like I would have to keep asking every ten minutes so my own tissues would possibly be more easier.

Does anyone know the rule on this? Would I be allowed or like be accused of cheating?
Original post by Satanicfaeries
Okay so I have a bad cold/ hay fever st the moment and my exams start like in 2 days. In my mocks I took tissues in bc I didn’t want to distract myself or others by sniffing, However I’m not sure I’ll be able to take it into my actual exams. Also I don’t want to use the ones in there as I feel like I would have to keep asking every ten minutes so my own tissues would possibly be more easier.

Does anyone know the rule on this? Would I be allowed or like be accused of cheating?

I brought tissues with me in my pencil case when I did my exams. I didn't bring the tissue packet because of the writing, just unused, folded tissues and it was fine.
I've always taken tissues, even now at degree level, never a problem, if they say it is, just sneeze on them
When I was taking my exam the invigilators gave me a box of tissues so that might be an option
I'm sure you could transfer some to a clear plastic bag - like the sort you'd use for sandwiches.

I took half a medicine cabinet and bandages into my last exam. ,😅
Reply 5
You can take them in but they have to be in a clear wrapper and they may ask to check there's no writing on them.

Quick Reply

Latest