Higher Art 2018-2019 Watch

RG250
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Would adding the date of the painting/piece it was made in, give you more marks?
RG250
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Any tips for the exam this year? I failed the exam in N5 but I still got an A (my folio helped)

I really want to pass this year, but this year I'm doing N5. Any tips from previous people doing this theory exam?

I know 1 tip - Describe the piece like the marker doesn't know what it looks like, pointing the obvious out.

Any advice/help would be muchly appreciated
User30012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Always try relative everything back to the mood/atmosphere. For example if you have a painting with a really dull colour palate then you could comment on the muted colour palette and say that it leaves a lonely or sad atmosphere. Another good way to do this is to look at the painting and think, “how does this make me feel, and why” and that’s you got an answer . You can also try and relate all the prompts to the focal point! Eg imagine a dull painting with one small coloured section, that would pop from the rest making it the focal point. Always try pick out a focal point, it will gain you a mark if you can give an explanation why. The good thing about art is that it’s open to interpretation. As long as you can back up your answer with an explanation, gaining marks isn’t too hard. Hope this helped 😊.
RG250
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
It helped a lot thank you!
Yeah, some really really good tips thanks!!! I'll use these tips for the exam this Friday coming.
Thanks again, you have definitely helped x
(Original post by User30012)
Always try relative everything back to the mood/atmosphere. For example if you have a painting with a really dull colour palate then you could comment on the muted colour palette and say that it leaves a lonely or sad atmosphere. Another good way to do this is to look at the painting and think, “how does this make me feel, and why” and that’s you got an answer . You can also try and relate all the prompts to the focal point! Eg imagine a dull painting with one small coloured section, that would pop from the rest making it the focal point. Always try pick out a focal point, it will gain you a mark if you can give an explanation why. The good thing about art is that it’s open to interpretation. As long as you can back up your answer with an explanation, gaining marks isn’t too hard. Hope this helped 😊.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (402)
30.69%
The paper was reasonable (514)
39.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (225)
17.18%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.9%

Watched Threads