The Student Room Group

Prom dress help!!!!

(edited 4 years ago)
It's a beautiful dress! :h:
Hi ^^
Personally I think it’s a nice dress but I definitely would not pay £200 for that . It’s not worth the price . I’ve seen many other nicer dresses with more embroidery, beading etc .for that price .I also feel it’s not very .. promy(?) . I’m not sure what type of dress your looking for but that dress I feel doesn’t cut it for a prom
I’m sorry if I’m sounding a bit harsh but I just want to best for you ! Girl to girl !

I bought my prom dress from here https://m.milanoo.com/Buy-Party-Dresses-c1830
They have beautiful dresses with a much lower price tag ! Try here :smile:
~ 💛
(edited 4 years ago)
That's so cute! I'd say it's fine for a prom :h:
You can get similar things for much less, but it's your choice how much you spend
It's a gorgeous dress and definitely suitable for prom- people at my prom wore similar ones
Reply 5
Original post by SWEET_ LEMON
Hi ^^
Personally I think it’s a nice dress but I definitely would not pay £200 for that . It’s not worth the price . I’ve seen many other nicer dresses with more embroidery, beading etc .for that price .I also feel it’s not very .. promy(?) . I’m not sure what type of dress your looking for but that dress I feel doesn’t cut it for a prom
I’m sorry if I’m sounding a bit harsh but I just want to best for you ! Girl to girl !

I bought my prom dress from here https://m.milanoo.com/Buy-Party-Dresses-c1830
They have beautiful dresses with a much lower price tag ! Try here :smile:
~ 💛

I got that it's not very promy when I tried It on. It's just that my mum doesnt want to order online and I'm so confused whether i want it or not. My mum said that it promy enough as people wore dresses like that to her ball. But thanks!
Reply 6
Do you have any photos of them? Like top send on private or something?
Original post by AzureCeleste
You can get similar things for much less, but it's your choice how much you spend
It's a gorgeous dress and definitely suitable for prom- people at my prom wore similar ones
I thought it was a lovely dress until I saw the price tag!

It's a nice dress but it's NOT £249 nice!
It's a gorgeous dress and definitely good for prom but £249 is a bit steep if you're not rolling in money. Really plan how many times you'd wear it again because I planned to wear my prom dress again but ended up hating it a couple of weeks after prom, and all my friends feel the same about their prom dresses now.
Reply 9
Screenshot_20190512-215129__01-compressed.jpg.jpeg you can have my one that I wore last year for prom lol. The brand is Hobbs, it's size 8 and it's silk
Original post by Sxah677
Do you have any photos of them? Like top send on private or something?

Look on debenhams website- tends to be some on there (brand like quiz do some good ones for really good prices). Not sure how similar they are to the one you chose, but if you google around and go on some cheaper websites you will find some
Reply 11
It's a nice dress but I need ot to be long and like no cleavage or very little cuz of religion so....🤷. Its confusing but I really do love the dress and my friend says to not get it cuz it's not that prom like but I dont know. I
Original post by Yazzy.j
Screenshot_20190512-215129__01-compressed.jpg.jpeg you can have my one that I wore last year for prom lol. The brand is Hobbs, it's size 8 and it's silk
Original post by Sxah677
I don't know about this dress. It looks more like a wedding guest dress but is it good for prom? I feel like I'm loving it more and more but I'm still torn. My friend said to not get it cux it's more wedding guest vibe but another said to get it if u want . I dont want to be all out with the glitz etc. I just need help!!

This is it on me
Attachment not found

And yeah ik, its a lot but I do have plans to wear it again

If you will wear it again, sure. It suits you (but not me)

Quick Reply

Latest