Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does sending nudes break fasting? Or recieving
them or even dirty talk?
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does it put you off eating? It might aid fasting....
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What I don't understand about Ramadan is the implied double standards. Why is this period of time special? If something is immoral now, isn't it immoral the rest of the time too?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
What I don't understand about Ramadan is the implied double standards. Why is this period of time special? If something is immoral now, isn't it immoral the rest of the time too?
It’s a holy month to basically redeem yourself and sympathise with the less fortunate but there’s a lot of temptations you have to avoid but what’s permissible and what isn’t is hard to distinguish sometimes
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Yes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes.
How so?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
because during ramadan, sins and good deeds have great bearing on their souls so those who lack dedication use it as a time to feign being good muslims to make up for the rest of the year
Anonymous #1
Yes.
But how?
username4649968
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Muslims believe that during Ramadan, God locks the devil away in a prison so that people aren't tempted to sin. It's a month where Muslims have the opportunity to get closer to God and change their ways for the rest of the year. Obviously not everyone does that and people are only good for a month (I include myself in this category).
Ameilah M.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Of course, immoral acts are wrong in and out of Ramadan. Sending nudes and talking dirty is wrong in and out of Ramadan. Just like lying, cheating and stealing are wrong in and out of Ramadan. Matter of fact is people just attach these double standards. Just because it's Ramadan they become part-timers, abstaining from sin and such like. There are many evidences to suggest this, take this one for example. People just make a conscious effort to not sin during this month, which creates a double standard.

This month is 'special' because it's the month the Quran was brought down and revealed to humanity. The rewards of good deeds are tripled, so that's why people are trying to do more good than bad.
Last edited by Ameilah M.; 2 years ago
LBotLa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does sending nudes break fasting? Or recieving
them or even dirty talk?
The whole point of ramadan is to stop doing that and only focus on worshipping God. It doesn't break the fast but it defeats the whole purpose of fasting.

However, masturbation does break the fast.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LBotLa)
The whole point of ramadan is to stop doing that and only focus on worshipping God. It doesn't break the fast but it defeats the whole purpose of fasting.

That hair is well and truly split
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ameilah M.)
Of course, immoral acts are wrong in and out of Ramadan. Sending nudes and talking dirty is wrong in and out of Ramadan. Just like lying, cheating and stealing are wrong in and out of Ramadan. Matter of fact is people just attach these double standards. Just because it's Ramadan they become part-timers, abstaining from sin and such like. There are many evidences to suggest this, take this one for example. People just make a conscious effort to not sin during this month, which creates a double standard.

This month is 'special' because it's the month the Quran was brought down and revealed to humanity. The rewards of good deeds are tripled, so that's why people are trying to do more good than bad.
Seems like the problem's inherent in a rewards/punishments system of morality. People should want to act morally because it's the right thing to do, not because they'll go to heaven if they do. What does it even mean that the rewards are tripled? And would a truly moral person even care?
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It'd only break the fast if you swallow the ejaculate
LBotLa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
It'd only break the fast if you swallow the ejaculate
no it actually does break the fast lol
Ameilah M.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Seems like the problem's inherent in a rewards/punishments system of morality. People should want to act morally because it's the right thing to do, not because they'll go to heaven if they do. What does it even mean that the rewards are tripled? And would a truly moral person even care?
Yes, and I agree with that 100%. However, what's wrong with morality originating from God. A lot of the moral guidelines we follow within society stem from all religions. You take a very autonomous approach to ethics and morality, I like. But again who's to say what's moral and what isn't, it's very subjective.

With regards to the point system. That's life, you get punished for doing wrong and rewarded for doing right, it reflects society in many ways. How?... maintaining social order, bringing up our children, rules in the workplace. It's a common consensus. Again all of this stems from religion.

People refrain from killing, yes because it's morally wrong, of course. But also because they'll probably receive a harsh and terrible punishment. Going to jail for the crime they've committed, which mirrors the ethics of religion.

Regarding the tripling of rewards. I'm referring to good deeds specific to the religion. Such as reading Quran, being kind to one another, speaking good of people, etc. The rewards of these deeds will be tripled, so like I said people tend to do more of these things. In an attempt to change their character and better themselves. I totally agree people should do these things anyway ( being kind, loving, etc.) without God prescribing it to humanity. Maybe in a perfect world, but unfortunately not everyone is like this.
Last edited by Ameilah M.; 2 years ago
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no it actually does break the fast lol
A fast is abstaining from food. It breaks the rules of Ramadan and the abstinence from certain things, sure, but you can't break a fast by not eating food :rofl:
LBotLa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
A fast is abstaining from food. It breaks the rules of Ramadan and the abstinence from certain things, sure, but you can't break a fast by not eating food :rofl:
it is in the official list of things that breaks the muslim fast. apart from that idk lol
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
it is in the official list of things that breaks the muslim fast. apart from that idk lol
Again, though, fasting means abstaining from food. If you walk into a doctor's to have a fasting blood test and are asked "are you fasted?" and you replied "I haven't eaten, but I did masturbate this morning" you won't be turned away, you'll just be given a weird look for seemingly randomly mentioning that you masturbated.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No. By definition only eating can break a fast.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.9%
Uncertainty around my education (80)
11.51%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (74)
10.65%
Lack of purpose or motivation (89)
12.81%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (37)
5.32%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (40)
5.76%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (74)
10.65%
Financial worries (43)
6.19%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.46%
Exposure to negative news/social media (42)
6.04%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (22)
3.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (67)
9.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (55)
7.91%

Watched Threads