Law school Watch

Bbch009
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys!!
I am an international student i got my bachelors degree in Pol Sci from USA. I want to apply for law school as my second bachelors. Do you know whats the take on Law schools with students like me trying to get a second Bachelors? Do they take it as a good bad thing? And if anyone of you are doing the same thing.
Last edited by Bbch009; 1 week ago
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bbch009)
Hey guys!!
I am an international student i got my bachelors degree in Pol Sci from USA. I want to apply for law school as my second bachelors. Do you know whats the take on Law schools with students like me trying to get a second Bachelors? Do they take it as a good bad thing? And if anyone of you are doing the same thing.
Contact uni admissions. You cna apply as a full undergraduate 3 years or graduate senior status 2 years.
They will take into account which uni and what grades you have.
You still apply using the UCAS system, which administers all the applications and offers.

They wont care as long as you meet the mark. I do not know what grades they will require as there are numerous law schools so you will have to investigate by contacting admissions. I wouldnt worry UK unis are used to accepting students from all over the world so they will be able to tell you more. The research will help you find your level as to which of the law schools will consider you. Try and get in the best one you can, but also take into account all the other important factors when choosing, such as location, expense, facilities etc. If you get stuck you can use the law forums here. There is an excess of law students in the UK, so if you have ambitions for UK law, then realise it is very competitive.

https://www.ucas.com/further-educati...-ucas-progress

You will need to decide whether you want 2019 where many courses are full or 2020.
Sefrca
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You wouldn’t be at a disadvantage, however maybe the GDL might be of interest?

https://www.allaboutlaw.co.uk/law-courses/gdl

Depends on whether you actually want to become a practicing lawyer though, and slightly on whether you want to do that in the UK or not...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (44)
16.36%
The paper was reasonable (131)
48.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (61)
22.68%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
12.27%

Watched Threads