Do I have HIV? Watch

Ethan Murphy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So recently I’ve had tonsillitis, well I thought it was but it hasn’t gone away and my tonsils are still swollen. Also I’ve had a yellow discharge come out of the tip of my penis which has now stopped (sounds like gonorrhea). I also started to get a rash last night on my hand but I think that’s due to stress because I’ve been worrying so much about the possibility of having hiv. I’ve never had anal sex the furthest I’ve gone with someone is rimming and oral. I also get mouth ulcers so this would increase the chances of contracting hiv. Does anyone have any advice on what to do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
claireestelle
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ethan Murphy)
So recently I’ve had tonsillitis, well I thought it was but it hasn’t gone away and my tonsils are still swollen. Also I’ve had a yellow discharge come out of the tip of my penis which has now stopped (sounds like gonorrhea). I also started to get a rash last night on my hand but I think that’s due to stress because I’ve been worrying so much about the possibility of having hiv. I’ve never had anal sex the furthest I’ve gone with someone is rimming and oral. I also get mouth ulcers so this would increase the chances of contracting hiv. Does anyone have any advice on what to do?
get yourself tested at a sexual health clinic and tell them about the discharge you've had.
JTfoxlove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like a few different issues.

1. Get tested and treated - a yellow discharge could be a number of things.
2. It sounds like you're suffering from poor mental health at the moment, I'd go to a doctor and chat about how you are feeling. From what you've written your fear of HIV sounds like an irrational fear - which is seriously impacting your health and wellbeing.
3. Overall it sounds like your quite run down at the moment. I'd take some time to address the basics in your life: stress levels, exercise, healthy eating, getting enough sleep, reducing the intake of stressful substances (alcohol, nicotine, unprescribed drugs, unusually highs levels of caffeine) and putting some effort into improving your mental health.
4. Try to avoid risky sexual activity and keep yourself protected by using condoms and dental dams for rimming when not in a stable relationship with recent STI checkups.

You're not alone in this - getting checked out and talking to your doctor will make you feel better.
Last edited by JTfoxlove; 1 week ago
harrys0320
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
is your peen cheesy if YES go to YOU HAVE HIV
ELSE NO
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (405)
26.35%
The paper was reasonable (661)
43.01%
Not feeling great about that exam (304)
19.78%
It was TERRIBLE (167)
10.87%

Watched Threads