not getting paid from work Watch

billionaireboy98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
im a football coach who hasnt got paid since october of last year.He owes me at least £700 and hes not picking up his calls.Im leaving soon but would like my money.What legal action can i do.
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
im even talked to him in person but hes like next week and last week he said he will sort it out but still hasnt.
CheeseStudy123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How did u get into this mess? If it's official work then you can take legal action but if the person you're referring to is like a freelancer who delegated some work or something then there isn't legal action you can take, as far as I know. But i'm not a lawyer full disclosure.

If you're unable to contact him meet him or go to where he is. Threaten legal action and demand a flipping explanation as to why you're not been paid for 8 months..I would be ****ing outraged why are you on TSR?
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
I'm on TSR because I don't know what to do. On Wednesday I am but he does this to all the other coaches but the rest are always on it and asking him but I am not always on it.Its pissing me off
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
i literally dont know what to do anymore
angelike1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by billionaireboy98)
i literally dont know what to do anymore
Do you have any proof? Like contracts, even text messages? You can maybe talk to a lawyer.
KJEKJE Says Hi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm on TSR because I don't know what to do. On Wednesday I am but he does this to all the other coaches but the rest are always on it and asking him but I am not always on it.Its pissing me off
That's your answer then.

Keep pestering him. By not paying you, he's taking advantage of you, and time is money.

If you work those hours, you're entitled to it. So keep asking him about it.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're on a sticky wicket. Do you have a contract and any evidence of work provided. You could try seeing a solicitor for some advice. However for this type of sum you could easily spend more than you recover.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
im a football coach who hasnt got paid since october of last year.He owes me at least £700 and hes not picking up his calls.Im leaving soon but would like my money.What legal action can i do.
Let's clarify the situation.

Who owes you money? What work have you performed? Was there a written contract?

What attempts have you made to reclaim the money you are owed?
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelike1)
Do you have any proof? Like contracts, even text messages? You can maybe talk to a lawyer.
i have countless amount of texts on WhatsApp and message. The guy ignores the messages but if it something to do with the club.He messages back.
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Let's clarify the situation.

Who owes you money? What work have you performed? Was there a written contract?

What attempts have you made to reclaim the money you are owed?
-The owner of the club owes me £700
-coaching a team and taking them on matches
-i have a payment sheet but no written contract i think
-asking him in person and countless amount of times on message
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What does this payment sheet show? Do you have messages that categorically confirm (preferably the other party admitting) that you are owed the money?
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
What does this payment sheet show? Do you have messages that categorically confirm (preferably the other party admitting) that you are owed the money?
its a spreasheet i fill after every session and put how much he owes me.Then i send it off
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
its a spreasheet i fill after every session and put how much he owes me.Then i send it off
Where do you send it? Could you show us a copy of this document with any personally identifying information blanked out?
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
Where do you send it? Could you show us a copy of this document with any personally identifying information blanked out?
i send on email and i could send it on private
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i send on email and i could send it on private
Do you have any messages with the other party setting out when you would get paid, and how to go about sending these documents to them?
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
Do you have any messages with the other party setting out when you would get paid, and how to go about sending these documents to them?
elaborate on your point please
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
elaborate on your point please
When you applied for the position, did the other party explain to you whether you'd be getting paid monthly, weekly, etc - did they explain how you need to fill out the spreadsheet and where to send it for payment?
threeportdrift
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is the set up of the club? Is it a charity, with a board of trustees? If so, contact them. It seems strange that a single individual owns a club, can be in charge of paying wages, runs several coaches and can rack up £700 on owings to a single person. Either it's a dodgy set up, or there is someone other than this individual you can contact.
billionaireboy98
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
What is the set up of the club? Is it a charity, with a board of trustees? If so, contact them. It seems strange that a single individual owns a club, can be in charge of paying wages, runs several coaches and can rack up £700 on owings to a single person. Either it's a dodgy set up, or there is someone other than this individual you can contact.
It is a Pe company and goes to schools. They also have a football club as well which I work for. It's not a charity. He has people like accountants and one parent which help him to run it. All the other coaches ask him and so do I but he's just making excuses like next week. I made countless amount of messages
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (514)
26.37%
The paper was reasonable (849)
43.56%
Not feeling great about that exam (380)
19.5%
It was TERRIBLE (206)
10.57%

Watched Threads