Student finance with retired parent Watch

Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I am wondering how I can go about applying for a means tested lone when I come from a single parent family and that parent is retired and receiving their pension from a foreign country? Is the process any different?
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Any help?
SFE Chanel
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Royal Oak)
Hello, I am wondering how I can go about applying for a means tested lone when I come from a single parent family and that parent is retired and receiving their pension from a foreign country? Is the process any different?
Hi,

You would apply online as normal and input your parents details. If it's for the 19/20 academic year we will need your parent to provide their income details from the tax year 17/18 or the equivalent from the country they reside in.

Has there been a drop in income from 17/18 to now?

Thanks, Chanel
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Chanel)
Hi,

You would apply online as normal and input your parents details. If it's for the 19/20 academic year we will need your parent to provide their income details from the tax year 17/18 or the equivalent from the country they reside in.

Has there been a drop in income from 17/18 to now?

Thanks, Chanel
Nope my parent has been retired for years. They reside in the UK but receive a pension from a different country.
Erin SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Nope my parent has been retired for years. They reside in the UK but receive a pension from a different country.
Hi there,

They would need to provide us with their income from the pension they get. This needs to be submitted either online or on a paper PFF2.

Thanks, Erin
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

They would need to provide us with their income from the pension they get. This needs to be submitted either online or on a paper PFF2.

Thanks, Erin
Will I be able to amend my application after the deadline? I probably won't be able to get the information in time as such will send off an application for a non-means tested loan today
SFE Dean
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Will I be able to amend my application after the deadline? I probably won't be able to get the information in time as such will send off an application for a non-means tested loan today
Hello,

Yes you can amend your application to income assessed at a later date.

We have a webpage with all the required forms here - http://ow.ly/tT6J30lZMr9

Warm Regards, Dean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads