The Student Room Group

Girlfriend just got her first vibrator; is it normal I feel really upset

Okay so I am the sensitive type of person; always afraid of screwing up and worried the world is tumbling down against me (I am currently going through anger management to try and control my anger and anxious feelings).

My girlfriends birthday was yesterday and one of her friends, who I don’t really like at all because she is an extremely bad influence on my gf (but that’s besides the point), bought her a vibrating dildo which is ten time bigger than my k***. Now I feel extremely inferior, worried and awkward because I feel she’ll get accustomed to that very quickly and I’ll be inferior. She does masturbate a lot anyway and I’m fine with that, and she insists I’m better but I feel she’s says that to make me feel better.

She is one to boast and brag; I am still 17 and my bday isn’t until August so she did show off as a joke that she can go out and get up to all sorts, another thing I’m scared of but not telling to make her know I’m not needy. I’m just worried that now she’ll become reliant on getting good Orgasms from her new toy than me.

And finally, we have been going out for over a year. She has problems with her ovaries so we couldn’t have sex until recently.

Sorry I’m just feeling really s*** about this

Scroll to see replies

whats the size of your penis roughly?
Original post by betyouiwontgetin

^

^^

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
if you're under 6.5, you should be worried imo
Yes, she will cheat on you with her dildo. Your relationship is doomed.
Reply 5
Constructive
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, she will cheat on you with her dildo. Your relationship is doomed.
So use it on her. Problem solved
Reply 7
But then I feel as if it’s a peice of rubber doing it and not my own effort
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

Or she can use it on the OP.
Original post by Andrew97
Or she can use it on the OP.

Also a reasonable option
Okay so I am the sensitive type of person; always afraid of screwing up and worried the world is tumbling down against me (I am currently going through anger management to try and control my anger and anxious feelings).

My girlfriends birthday was yesterday and one of her friends, who I don’t really like at all because she is an extremely bad influence on my gf (but that’s besides the point), bought her a vibrating dildo which is ten time bigger than my k***. Now I feel extremely inferior, worried and awkward because I feel she’ll get accustomed to that very quickly and I’ll be inferior. She does masturbate a lot anyway and I’m fine with that, and she insists I’m better but I feel she’s says that to make me feel better.

She is one to boast and brag; I am still 17 and my bday isn’t until August so she did show off as a joke that she can go out and get up to all sorts, another thing I’m scared of but not telling to make her know I’m not needy. I’m just worried that now she’ll become reliant on getting good Orgasms from her new toy than me.

And finally, we have been going out for over a year. She has problems with her ovaries so we couldn’t have sex until recently.

Sorry I’m just feeling really s*** about this

She must have talent to take 60 inches...

Nah but it probably just seems bigger than it is? Besides why not see it as adding to your arsenal rather than competition? Maybe ask your gf if she wants to experiment with her new toy together (she might find some extra stimulation from the vibrations a bonus if she's possibly a bit desensitized from masturbating a lot?)
Honestly a lot of girls dont get much from just penetration so building up your overall technique - especially if sex is sometimes off the table due to her medical problem (pain?) - would probably help your relationship and confidence.

(Also did you mean to come off anonymous?)
But then I feel as if it’s a peice of rubber doing it and not my own effort

The thing is just a tool. It's your hand, and your feelings about and knowledge of your partner, that brings it to life. Be creative and enthusiastic about it and she'll want it to be you!
It's natural. It's as well as you, not instead of you. You won't always be there when she's horny, or you won't always want sex, so it's fine to have other things as well.
She must have talent to take 60 inches...

Nah but it probably just seems bigger than it is? Besides why not see it as adding to your arsenal rather than competition? Maybe ask your gf if she wants to experiment with her new toy together (she might find some extra stimulation from the vibrations a bonus if she's possibly a bit desensitized from masturbating a lot?)
Honestly a lot of girls dont get much from just penetration so building up your overall technique - especially if sex is sometimes off the table due to her medical problem (pain?) - would probably help your relationship and confidence.

(Also did you mean to come off anonymous?)

Yes I did; she defo ain’t desensitised lol. Just I always feel a bit special and as you say, confident when I do give her an orgasm; and I get the fact that it’s her body, her choice etc etc. Just you know, I don’t want it rubbed into my face that the vibrator does the better job (as many women believe)
And I guess also because I haven’t been able to have sex with her often (I lost my virginity to her), I still lack experience and I kinda feel a bit insulted that now I guess
Yes I did; she defo ain’t desensitised lol. Just I always feel a bit special and as you say, confident when I do give her an orgasm; and I get the fact that it’s her body, her choice etc etc. Just you know, I don’t want it rubbed into my face that the vibrator does the better job (as many women believe)
My gooood, no don’t be upset. She’s just exploring herself. It’s not like she will break up with you for a vibrator. Come on. Anyways, could be fun for you both.

She’s just having fun, you should encourage it.
Original post by em3fr
My gooood, no don’t be upset. She’s just exploring herself. It’s not like she will break up with you for a vibrator. Come on. Anyways, could be fun for you both.

She’s just having fun, you should encourage it.

Thread screams insecurityyy
My name should be insecure lol; I know I am and I accept it and I’m getting help to try and reduce it 😑
Thread screams insecurityyy

Yeh it’s sad that guys are insecure about girls having them. To be honest with all you guys, so many girls have them😂

If yous ain’t here we need something to help us out. What’s the shame in that? Doesn’t mean we prefer it over a guy, that’s just stupid hahah
Original post by em3fr
Yeh it’s sad that guys are insecure about girls having them. To be honest with all you guys, so many girls have them😂

If yous ain’t here we need something to help us out. What’s the shame in that? Doesn’t mean we prefer it over a guy, that’s just stupid hahah

I’m just worried more, cos I read it around, that I can’t deliver the pleasure the vibrator can. It’s not the same with men, can’t have a ‘good wa**’ over sex, but a girl can have a super orgasm with a vibrator

Latest

Trending

Trending