how does one revise when they literally don't care exams???? Watch

idiotsandwich5
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I really don't care about my exams and I'm stressing about the fact that I'm not caring about exams and not doing anything. the problem is that I don't listen to myself, I am a coward because I give up since it easier. I wish I cared, i have no motivation and deep down I know that I don't want to go to uni, I think after sixth form I just can't because I wouldn't be able to trust myself that I would change . I have dreams of studying biomed but even that doesn't make me want to revise.

how can I change this,any advice ???
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
chemishard4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had the same problem a couple weeks ago tbh. I think it may have been depression? It made me not really care about anything at all, and although most of my time was spent in panic and anxiety about A-Levels I still could not bring myself to revise. My turning point was when I really confronted my problem, which was just constantly putting myself down, feeling insecure, worthless, stupid, lazy. Although I am now studying I know that if I'd started earlier I would get top grades. But you have to learn to forgive yourself, give yourself time to heal. Even if you bomb your exams, there'll be other opportunities- resits, foundation years- this isn't the be all and end all. Just know that you're not going through this alone, and the fact that you're even reaching out for help shows the first sign of healing.
idiotsandwich5
Rep:
?
(Original post by chemishard4)
I had the same problem a couple weeks ago tbh. I think it may have been depression? It made me not really care about anything at all, and although most of my time was spent in panic and anxiety about A-Levels I still could not bring myself to revise. My turning point was when I really confronted my problem, which was just constantly putting myself down, feeling insecure, worthless, stupid, lazy. Although I am now studying I know that if I'd started earlier I would get top grades. But you have to learn to forgive yourself, give yourself time to heal. Even if you bomb your exams, there'll be other opportunities- resits, foundation years- this isn't the be all and end all. Just know that you're not going through this alone, and the fact that you're even reaching out for help shows the first sign of healing.
thank you, it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who felt this way. yeah it's definetly due depression , I never thought I would come to a point where I wouldn't care about my education because I was the type of person who wanted to well etc until GCSEs which I somehow passed despite how little revision I have done, I'm not sure that I will pass because I literally don't have any hope that I will pass and also I have no hope that my life will get better. Today I literally forgot it was Monday, I woke up and then slept again without thinking twice. I just don't understand how one forgets to go to college, probably because of my bad mental health and going to sleep after 11pm. Anyways I really do appreciate you leaving a comment on my post and taking the time to read about my problems, thank you again )). Your advice is very helpful and it's just put things into perspective, I just need to try even if I don't care about my exams
juvinat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
my exams in two hours I haven't revised and I'm still not bothered what am I gonna do
idiotsandwich5
Rep:
?
(Original post by juvinat)
my exams in two hours I haven't revised and I'm still not bothered what am I gonna do
i feel this going to be me 😭😭, I wish I knew what to say but I guess you should try your best because that's all there is to do.Best of luck, I genuinely do hope your exam goes well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (518)
26.21%
The paper was reasonable (861)
43.57%
Not feeling great about that exam (388)
19.64%
It was TERRIBLE (209)
10.58%

Watched Threads