Second bachelor's and then a top uni possible? Watch

NaziHunter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
For various reasons I made a mess of my BSc. I had to resit a year and then got a 2:2. The uni was mid tier.

I took 5 years out and found a subject that I really care about and specific areas that I'm really interested in. I'm now doing a BA with the OU and getting much better grades. I feel confident that I can get a 2:1 and maybe even a first (85% at the OU). I'm also working on other relevant material (internships, achievements, skills, etc).

I'd really like to apply for a Master's at a top ranked uni and wondered if anyone has been able to do this via a similar route. Did you address your first bachelor's and explain what happened? Did you ask them to look past it? Did you include transcripts or pretend it didn't happen and left them out?
alleycat393
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What was the first degree in, what is the second degree in and what masters do you want to apply for?
(Original post by NaziHunter)
For various reasons I made a mess of my BSc. I had to resit a year and then got a 2:2. The uni was mid tier.

I took 5 years out and found a subject that I really care about and specific areas that I'm really interested in. I'm now doing a BA with the OU and getting much better grades. I feel confident that I can get a 2:1 and maybe even a first (85% at the OU). I'm also working on other relevant material (internships, achievements, skills, etc).

I'd really like to apply for a Master's at a top ranked uni and wondered if anyone has been able to do this via a similar route. Did you address your first bachelor's and explain what happened? Did you ask them to look past it? Did you include transcripts or pretend it didn't happen and left them out?
NaziHunter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
What was the first degree in, what is the second degree in and what masters do you want to apply for?
My first degree was in chemistry. My second is in criminology. I haven’t decided which specific Master’s yet but it will be in criminology.
alleycat393
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by NaziHunter)
My first degree was in chemistry. My second is in criminology. I haven’t decided which specific Master’s yet but it will be in criminology.
I wouldn’t include the chemistry degree in that case as it isn’t relevant.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (87)
16.8%
The paper was reasonable (256)
49.42%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
22.97%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
10.81%

Watched Threads