The Student Room Group

French Reading and Listening GCSE tomorrow, any tips?

The real thing is tomorrow and I am so underprepared... ahhhhh
What examboard are you doing?
WJEC
Original post by PetitePanda
What examboard are you doing?
Reply 3
Original post by Porridge_Spoon
The real thing is tomorrow and I am so underprepared... ahhhhh

Listening - the recording is played twice. Listen to it first and then write down your response when it plays for the second time. It takes practice to nail listening for French GCSE. Reading - you can guess what an unfamiliar word means in the sentence if you're unsure but best practice for this is to learn the vocabulary that the exam board says you need to know for the different tiers. Read each question carefully before responding. Good luck, you got this! :smile:
Thank you
:smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Listening - the recording is played twice. Listen to it first and then write down your response when it plays for the second time. It takes practice to nail listening for French GCSE. Reading - you can guess what an unfamiliar word means in the sentence if you're unsure but best practice for this is to learn the vocabulary that the exam board says you need to know for the different tiers. Read each question carefully before responding. Good luck, you got this! :smile:
Found the WJEC listening today horrendous, literally my whole class guessed our way through it (and have got A*s in the mocks :frown: )
Original post by viol.aaa
Found the WJEC listening today horrendous, literally my whole class guessed our way through it (and have got A*s in the mocks)

Sameeee
anyone do edexcel??
WJEC

Oh sorry I did aqa
Found the WJEC listening today horrendous, literally my whole class guessed our way through it (and have got A*s in the mocks :frown: )

Sameeee

How did you find the audio quality? My daughter did that paper this morning, and she said it was poor.

Also, a few people in the school misread some questions in the Reading. They answered in Welsh instead of French, so I doubt they'll get those marks!

On to Friday ...
I did WJEC too and it was honestly the worst exam I've ever done:frown:
Really poor audio, very low voices so could barely hear! And someone coughed all the way through too! Fingers crossed for writing on friday!
Original post by 学生の父
How did you find the audio quality? My daughter did that paper this morning, and she said it was poor.

Also, a few people in the school misread some questions in the Reading. They answered in Welsh instead of French, so I doubt they'll get those marks!

On to Friday ...
Original post by 学生の父

On to Friday ...

I found the audio quality okay, but honestly the questions were so difficult I don't think it would have made a massive difference (for me personally)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending