The Student Room Group

Year 10

Hi guys so I wanted to make a blog like thing, if anything to keep myself sane and as a record of my journey and maybe even to help people they are not alone. So a bit of info I’m in year 10 and we’ve just done our mocks so this will pick up from there. Thank you so much for reading my blog and I’m looking forward to receiving you advice, comments and opinions. Xx
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So my blog is going to start off at my mocks and revising for them over Easter. So over the holidays i packed my heart and soul into revising as getting good grades honestly means the world to me as i have 2 very clever and high graded parents who i want to follow in the example of. This was my revising timetable:

Monday-thursday:revise all day

Friday-sunday: go out and do things

monday-friday: revise all day

saturday: revise in the afternoon

sunday/monday:revise all day

Then i went back to school on Tuesday. In some of my lessons we did revsion but most of the teachers just carried on like normal. Our mocks started on friday and went on for a week. I thought id done ok but i guess not as i got my maths back and didnt even pass which is kind of sad as i feel like i worked so hard. Also i found out i have anxiety during the exam season so thats a lot of fun crying but its ok because ill survive.

ooh i forgot to say before i end my update here are my subjects:

re(full course),chemistry, english,maths,biology, German,physics,history,drama
I'm in year 10 too.

:woo:
Reply 3
Hopefully we can help each other through it and maybe you may get tips or tricks something form what I say or even if you can offer some advice that would be great too
Original post by Obolinda
I'm in year 10 too.

:woo:
im in y10 as well, got all my mock results back finally
Reply 5
Oh how’d they go
Original post by stobirama
im in y10 as well, got all my mock results back finally
Reply 6
Sooo it’s time for another update. So I’ve gotten a bit better since my last update as I’ve found some people on here who have helped me cheer up as well as all my amazing friends at school. However on the exam note I’ve still only got my maths back which is a little annoying as I’m dying for my other results back but I’m sure il, get them back in due time.
Anyway so my day and my lessons today update:

1. L2 in this we just did a survey about our lives and our health for a survey

2. Re(short course) in this we did about Hajj and the ka’aba which was good however the lesson did get a little irritating as we’ve already done it in full course Re. Also what has annoyed me a little is the fact we got set homework which I’m fine with but my teacher has not put it up online so my plan to do it after school has been ruined. Well never mind.

3. Chemistry in this we just did a magnesium practical so a pretty standard lesson with not much in it

4.i has English in this we did some inspector calls work analysing the text and bits like that. I’m a little concerned as my teacher wants us to finish the book by the end of the week and we only started it today 😱

5. Maths in this we just did some work on surds

6 finally to finish my day biology which was kinda boring as we just did textbook work as my teacher is not here

So that was my boring day. If you guys have any questions or anything please comment or private message me

Sending* lots of virtual love xxx
Original post by LucyOr15
Oh how’d they go

Not that bad tbh, some were great some were uh.. we'll see for yourself

Lit -8
Lang- 8
Maths-8+
Bio-8
Physics-8
Chem-8
Rs-7+
Computer science-8
Media -6
History - 6+

How were your lmao
Reply 8
Those are great I’d so take that as my results, I’ve literally got my maths back and I got a level 3 so I need so much work on it but my teacher believes i will get higher in the final thing
Original post by stobirama
Not that bad tbh, some were great some were uh.. we'll see for yourself

Lit -8
Lang- 8
Maths-8+
Bio-8
Physics-8
Chem-8
Rs-7+
Computer science-8
Media -6
History - 6+

How were your lmao
Reply 9
Hey guys,
Sorry I haven’t written on here for a few days I’ve just been kinda busy and also have has no motivation also I just haven’t had much to say. Anyway I’ll get on with it:

I got some of My exams back over that last few days and here what I got
German:4
Physics:4
Chemistry: I failed
Maths: I failed

So that’s fun, I’ve lost motivation a little bit with my sciences and maths but I’m going to work hard and hopefully improve. My German I’m actually ok with as I messed up on one of the exams so I did better than expected so at least I’ve passed. Anyway on a different note I’ve got my drama exam coming up which I’m mega scared for but it’ll be ok hopefully we’re rehearsing after school today hopefully that’ will help.

Hope you are all having a great week
Reply 10
well done on your mocks! a 4 is always better than a 3 and you’re obviously motivated to put the effort in. do you guys have after school revision programs that you can do with teachers?
That’s only for year 11 at the moment and thank you I’ve still got some more to come back yet
Original post by elissia
well done on your mocks! a 4 is always better than a 3 and you’re obviously motivated to put the effort in. do you guys have after school revision programs that you can do with teachers?
Hey sorry I haven’t posted in a couple of days I’ve been mega busy,
So some more results have come back

Biology: 20/100 :mad:
Re: 5
English: 5

So yeah some are better than others I think that I’m getting my history back today and drama back tomorrow and then that’s everything as far as I remember. How’s things going for you guys??? I hope you all having an ok week, also if anyone has any tips or questions feel free to message me or ask me on here if your ok with others seeing. Also if you have any stories that would be nice. I’ll post again later to give you a day update.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey guys so school is over for a week :h: so happy but a little sad as I’ve got this boy in my classes who is really horrible to me about my ability and how I mean nothing to anyone and things like that. It’s driving me insane as it’s been going on for years but all the teachers are saying is he has empathy issues and he doesn’t understand or he doesn’t mean it, but that’s driving me insane surely he can’t still do that and get away with that?? Am I being stupid because it’s really effecting me? Are my teachers right to just dismiss me???
Please comment your replies and opinions as I really need someone else’s viewpoint.
Hey guys, thank you so much for all the support that I got from my message I sent this morning and advice it has really helped and I’ve had some great solutions. Anyway I thought I’d give an update on my day now I’ve really got back into writing on here.

I’ve been doing some work for history and re Islam bits. Also playing with my sisters which has been nice a break from work which I needed. Now I’m watching aquaman has anyone seen this, I really like it so far.

How’s everyone else’s day been. Tomorrow I’m going to do some revision notes so I’ll probably post them just to help anyone if they could be helpful or even just to see if anyone can give me some advice
dont burn out too quick! you're doing so well for year 10, trust me you'll thank yourself next year. keep at the note making
Thank you I’m just so worried I’m not doing enough and that I’m not good enough
Original post by mez_merising
dont burn out too quick! you're doing so well for year 10, trust me you'll thank yourself next year. keep at the note making
Wow that's bullying. They are not right to dismiss you, speak to your parents?
I have and they’ve tried but they have given my parents the same excuse
Original post by Obolinda
Wow that's bullying. They are not right to dismiss you, speak to your parents?
Original post by LucyOr15
Thank you I’m just so worried I’m not doing enough and that I’m not good enough

its normal to feel this way, tbh all the way upto my first exam i kept panicking thinking omg this isn't enough i have 13793791837401 more things i couldve done blah blah...but what ive come to realise is that it IS enough, it may not seem like it now and comparing to how much others have done or 'seem' to have done. two hours of work for you could be eight hours for someone else, its quality over quantity. use the coming months of y10 to make solid notes, fill in any gaps, try out different revision methods and see what works for you. you got this!

Quick Reply

Latest