harsimran07
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So how do people feel about this exam?
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?
What do you think the main topics will be??
lucyvato
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't feel too stressed out yet, luckily. I'm a little unprepared, as there are little gaps in my knowledge (like the specific details) but overall, i do not think it is an incredibly hard exam to pass, as some people have said they made up quotes and still got a good grade or they didn't write as much or as well as they had hoped and still got a grade they were very happy with. I'm not really sure what the topics will be, the practice paper i did yesterday from last years GCSEs had stuff on incarnation, baptism, suffering. Good luck to anyone taking the exam today - remember to stay calm and stay strong.

Lucy xx
Magsapyo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
MOOD-- idk how imma survive.
juvinat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
good luck to everyone xoxo
MatthewG02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
that exam was HARD
Lwilkinson1232
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That was complicated
Qadeer1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay there were some new question types in the (b) type questions, particularly asking for beliefs/teachings in the Bible directly. The (d) questions were a mixture; Question 4;d was the only question that allowed you to use non-Christian arguments, so was the easiest one in my opinion. Question 2;d was the one I struggled with the most and didn't manage to complete nor write a conclusion for. The other two I managed to squeeze in a conclusion. I found writing an "appraisal" for each argument quite difficult to fit into the time limit and ended up spending the first 40 minutes, just on Question 1, before realising my errors and rushing through the remaining sections, completing parts of the 12/15 markers before moving on. Overall it wasn't that bad of an exam in my opinion, a lot of the topics that came up last year resurfaced as less demanding questions, however the wording for some of the questions was questionable and the questions didn't give you a lot of leeway for open-ended responses, which is different from what we've seen from last year. Was it harder than the 2018 exam? Yes.
Hazel Hallwell
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
totally agree
(Original post by Qadeer1)
Okay there were some new question types in the (b) type questions, particularly asking for beliefs/teachings in the Bible directly. The (d) questions were a mixture; Question 4;d was the only question that allowed you to use non-Christian arguments, so was the easiest one in my opinion. Question 2;d was the one I struggled with the most and didn't manage to complete nor write a conclusion for. The other two I managed to squeeze in a conclusion. I found writing an "appraisal" for each argument quite difficult to fit into the time limit and ended up spending the first 40 minutes, just on Question 1, before realising my errors and rushing through the remaining sections, completing parts of the 12/15 markers before moving on. Overall it wasn't that bad of an exam in my opinion, a lot of the topics that came up last year resurfaced as less demanding questions, however the wording for some of the questions was questionable and the questions didn't give you a lot of leeway for open-ended responses, which is different from what we've seen from last year. Was it harder than the 2018 exam? Yes.
14SarJon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by harsimran07)
So how do people feel about this exam?
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?
What do you think the main topics will be??
Already done mine but I bet the grade boundaries will be high
harsimran07
Rep:
?
Really? I found the exam surprisingly okay except the reconciliation 12 marker question and the first 5 marker about the Nicene Creed. But overall, I still attempted every question even though I didnt really know what to do for those two question. But I hope you did good as I hope the same with everyone else
harsimran07
Rep:
?
Yeah same. It seemed surprisingly easy in my opinion so you’re right the boundaries will probably be quite high. What are your predictions though??
(Original post by 14SarJon)
Already done mine but I bet the grade boundaries will be high
harsimran07
Rep:
?
But at the same time I agree with you, the way the questions were worded were questionable like you said.
aaron575
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by harsimran07)
Really? I found the exam surprisingly okay except the reconciliation 12 marker question and the first 5 marker about the Nicene Creed. But overall, I still attempted every question even though I didnt really know what to do for those two question. But I hope you did good as I hope the same with everyone else
yeah i struggled on the Nicene Creed mind went blank still don't know what it is now lmao....i felt i did alot better in my mocks then i have done know but good luck hope you smashed it
seraphim19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn't appraise in 6/8 12 markers how marks have I automatically loss?
harsimran07
Rep:
?
72 marks lost
How come you didn’t attempt them??
(Original post by Amari_113)
I didn't appraise in 6/8 12 markers how marks have I automatically loss?
j1.s
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Does anyone remember the question that came for the Christianity paper edexcel?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.84%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.87%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.56%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.68%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed