Aiming for 2:1 (new forum) Watch

Maris499
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys! So I’ve been doing so good since second year started and have a feeling I’ll get an average of 2:2 in second year. However I want to finish the degree with a 2:1! I know third year is a little late to start working hard but I really want a 2:1!

Just to clarify; on the degree certificate will it day upper or lower 2:1?

Any tips to get a 2:1 in Psychology will help so much! Currently my biggest problem right now is writing lab reports, comprehending SPSS & interpreting results, and sometimes critiquing articles. Does critiquing mean to just write the disadvantages or with advantages too?

I would really appreciate the advice! I’m at the stage of thinking what to do my dissertation on and so far I’m thinking of basing it on organisational psychology. Any ideas? (Posting it in new forum for advice)
PhoenixFortune
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Maris499)
Hey guys! So I’ve been doing so good since second year started and have a feeling I’ll get an average of 2:2 in second year. However I want to finish the degree with a 2:1! I know third year is a little late to start working hard but I really want a 2:1!

Just to clarify; on the degree certificate will it day upper or lower 2:1?

Any tips to get a 2:1 in Psychology will help so much! Currently my biggest problem right now is writing lab reports, comprehending SPSS & interpreting results, and sometimes critiquing articles. Does critiquing mean to just write the disadvantages or with advantages too?

I would really appreciate the advice! I’m at the stage of thinking what to do my dissertation on and so far I’m thinking of basing it on organisational psychology. Any ideas? (Posting it in new forum for advice)
Have you worked out the kind of marks you'll need to get in your third year to achieve a 2:1? I'm not saying it's impossible, but it may be very difficult. What weighting is your third year compared to your second year?

And no, your degree certificate will simply say Upper Second Class Honours (i.e. 2:1). Your transcript will have all your marks on it.
Last edited by PhoenixFortune; 1 week ago
Maris499
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Have you worked out the kind of marks you'll need to get in your third year to achieve a 2:1? I'm not saying it's impossible, but it may be very difficult. What weighting is your third year compared to your second year?

And no, your degree certificate will simply say Upper Second Class Honours (i.e. 2:1). Your transcript will have all your marks on it.
Second year weights 30% and third year is 70%. So will it be too difficult to get that 2:1? Any advice on how I can achieve it
PhoenixFortune
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Maris499)
Second year weights 30% and third year is 70%. So will it be too difficult to get that 2:1? Any advice on how I can achieve it
As your third degree is more than double the weighting, it might not be too difficult if you apply yourself and try to get high marks across the board. What kind of assessments do you have in third year?

I think one the first things you can do id go to your university's study skills department and learn how to write lab reports and critiques properly, as these seem to be a stumbling block for you.
Maris499
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
As your third degree is more than double the weighting, it might not be too difficult if you apply yourself and try to get high marks across the board. What kind of assessments do you have in third year?

I think one the first things you can do id go to your university's study skills department and learn how to write lab reports and critiques properly, as these seem to be a stumbling block for you.
I think I just mostly have coursework/essays for third year and then a dissertation which I’m struggling to think what to do it on & I’ll definitely try to go to them thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did you find the exam?