Anxiety tips? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've got my first gcse in 4 hours and I'm freaking out even though I said I wasn't. I feel sick and literally can't eat anything or I heave. I've got to actually leave the house to do the exam 😅 and yet I'm currently in the bathroom, on the floor, in a corner freaking out. I haven't moved from here since 8 am. Help aha?
Xenobee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry if this reply is a little late but hopefully it can help with your other exams! When you're starting to feel a little overwhelmed, take a deep breath in through your nose, hold it for maybe 4-6 seconds and slowly blow out of your mouth, as if there is a candle in front of you but you don't want to blow out the flame. Do this a few times and hopefully it will help you to calm down. Some other tips are focus on the things that are around you that you can hear, see, smell, etc using your senses. For example, can you hear birds outside? Can you smell freshly cut grass? Try to focus on these things to ground yourself when you start to panic. You can also do these things during your exam if you get overwhelmed!

I hope this helps you for future!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.77%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.26%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.06%

Watched Threads