The Student Room Group

He hasnt said " I love you"but he has said it to his ex

Hello I have been with bf for 4 years and he hasnt told me he loves me yet. I have already told him that i love him to which he replied "aww" or "sweet" and sometimes "ah okay" and sometimes ignore it and continue chatting about something else. The fact that annoyed me was that he actually has said i love u to his ex and i found old text messages between him and her so that means he loved her. When i confronted him he said he loved her as a person and wasnt in love with her. but in reality he even never said he loves me as a person so its all confusing. But when i ask him about saying i love you he says that hes not the loving type kinda guy and never loved anyone except his kids and his nan. He said he also doesnt believe in love all that jazz. I just feel he really doesnt love me that all any advice would be helpful. Thanks
He sounds a bit weird. Not sure why he's in a relationship if he doesn't believe in love? A bit of a red flag for you if he's saying he can't love anyone except his kids and his nan.
He's essentially told you he's not capable of falling in love with you. You're not going to get what you need emotionally from this relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello I have been with bf for 4 years and he hasnt told me he loves me yet. I have already told him that i love him to which he replied "aww" or "sweet" and sometimes "ah okay" and sometimes ignore it and continue chatting about something else. The fact that annoyed me was that he actually has said i love u to his ex and i found old text messages between him and her so that means he loved her. When i confronted him he said he loved her as a person and wasnt in love with her. but in reality he even never said he loves me as a person so its all confusing. But when i ask him about saying i love you he says that hes not the loving type kinda guy and never loved anyone except his kids and his nan. He said he also doesnt believe in love all that jazz. I just feel he really doesnt love me that all any advice would be helpful. Thanks

I don't think he's with you because of love. If he's not the type of man who can satisfy your need of love in a relationship. You should better think twice before continuing the relationship that you have with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending