(Unofficial Markscheme) Unit 1 OCR Cambridge Technicals IT May 2019

Watch
The_Governor200
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi people. This thread is for the OCR CTEC IT Level 3 Extended Certificate course. Paper was at 9am on 13 May 2019. First of all I have to say, what a paper about E5RQ!

Due to the mark-scheme being open to interpretation to some degree, this mark-scheme just covers general points. Comment to add answers (if anyone on here did this exam, not that I'm expecting too many people to have done so as this qualification is quite new, and not that popular yet).

Note, the mark-scheme is vague in CTEC IT, so don't worry too much if you think you haven't hit the markpoints. Multiple choice, I cannot remember to save my life, sorry.

Section A (Multiple choice) I can comment that some were ambiguous and felt like they had more than one answer.:

Please note that the questions are not in order, they are based off the top of my memory!!!

Question 1:

Question about how an Engineer would communicate with the office in real time.

The options were by: Email, *Instant Messaging, Letter, Or Social Media. Answer was Instant Messaging as Email would require a laptop and is slower, Letter (oh come on guys!), and Social Media is too informal.

Question 2:

Question about a disadvantage of a desktop computer (this was possibly question 1 but hey ho).

The answer is split between: Taking up more desk space (D I believe), and desktops not having as much physical memory as other systems (B i believe).

Question 3:

Question about a kid who wanted to send something from his device to his friends device via bluetooth. The question wanted you to identify a reason for which bluetooth would be used.

Answer is believed to be A, ability to establish an ad hoc connection.

Question 4: Question about benefits of CAD/CAM. Answer again, is split between either: CAM provides templates, or CAM is more accurate than human control. I went for the human control answer.

Question 5: TBC
Question 6: TBC
Question 7: TBC
Question 8: TBC
Question 9: TBC
Question 10: TBC
Question 11: TBC
Question 12: TBC
Question 13: TBC
Question 14: TBC
Question 15: TBC

Section B (normal questions)

Question (1 marker somewhere at the beginning of section B):

Feature of off the bespoke software?

Clients needs?

Question 17:

Purpose of the Motherboard: eg: interface with components such as RAM slots, and CPU?

Purpose of RAM: eg: stores the GUI (graphical user interface), stores applications while the computer is running?

Purpose of Hard-drive: eg: stores long term data and information such as applications?

Question 18:

Legislation that must be adhered to when disposing of computer components. Possibly GDPR, or Data Protection Act alongside Environment Act (2010), WEEE directive.

Question 19:

Question about which output device should be used to show E5RQ employees sheets about upcoming films?

Indicative answers were: A monitor, and a printer.

Question 20:

Benefits and risks of using Open Source Software? Indicative benefits, are the ability to modify source code. Indicative risks are incompatibility as some manufacturers do not provide drivers for open source operating systems.

Question 21:

Personal Attributes of a Network Manager. eg: leadership, self-motivational etc...

Question 22:

Advantages & disadvantages of a Client Server. (in my opinion one of the worse questions on the paper).

Question 23:

Some weird sh*t about colours and hexadecimal. I talked about RGB (basically that colours are a combination of the colours red, green and blue) so the binary codes for that. (I don't know what else OCR are looking for. Seemed like an A Level Computing question in my opinion.

Question 24: (Dunno if this was a MC Question)

Question about how it would be best for this lady to deliver a large amount of information in a short space of time to a group of people.

Answer is probably by using a presentation?

Question 25:

Compare the use of PSTN and Cellular Communications methods.

PSTN uses telephone cables, cellular uses cell towers.
Last edited by The_Governor200; 1 year ago
The_Governor200
Rep:
?
*just bumping the tread so it doesn't die.*
The_Governor200
Rep:
?
Another bump.
jordanb-h
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Question 18:
WEEE DIRECTIVE
The_Governor200
Rep:
?
thank you.

(Original post by jordanb-h)
Question 18:
WEEE DIRECTIVE
Fatimahsns
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How do you feel about the pre release on Thursday
The_Governor200
Rep:
?
Hi, it looks like a decent pre-release with a good context for some nice question hopefully.
(Original post by Fatimahsns)
How do you feel about the pre release on Thursday
The_Governor200
Rep:
?
I will not be making a Unit 2 Unofficial Mark-scheme because let's be honest, that was an straight forward exam, and the answers are open to interpretation.
Last edited by The_Governor200; 1 year ago
Hello50
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The_Governor200)
I will not be making a Unit 2 Unofficial Mark-scheme because let's be honest, that was an easy exam.
Would the online booking question (about information system structure) be an Open System or Closed System?
Thanks!
The_Governor200
Rep:
?
I forgot what an information system structure was in the exam, but I'm pretty sure is is an open system because customers can view information about it, and nothing is kept secret or confidential such as rooms, pictures of rooms, number of beds in the room, en-suite etc.
(Original post by Hello50)
Would the online booking question (about information system structure) be an Open System or Closed System?
Thanks!
jordanb-h
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I said it was an open system

I forgot what an information system structure was in the exam, but I'm pretty sure is is an open system because customers can view information about it, and nothing is kept secret or confidential such as rooms, pictures of rooms, number of beds in the room, en-suite etc.
The_Governor200
Rep:
?
Probably the correct answer.
(Original post by jordanb-h)
I said it was an open system
username4407174
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you do one for Unit 2 please
Hi people. This thread is for the OCR CTEC IT Level 3 Extended Certificate course. Paper was at 9am on 13 May 2019. First of all I have to say, what a paper about E5RQ!

Due to the mark-scheme being open to interpretation to some degree, this mark-scheme just covers general points. Comment to add answers (if anyone on here did this exam, not that I'm expecting too many people to have done so as this qualification is quite new, and not that popular yet).

Note, the mark-scheme is vague in CTEC IT, so don't worry too much if you think you haven't hit the markpoints. Multiple choice, I cannot remember to save my life, sorry.

Section A (Multiple choice) I can comment that some were ambiguous and felt like they had more than one answer.:

Please note that the questions are not in order, they are based off the top of my memory!!!

Question 1:

The options were by: Email, *Instant Messaging, Letter, Or Social Media. Answer was Instant Messaging as Email would require a laptop and is slower, Letter (oh come on guys!), and Social Media is too informal.

Question 2:

Question about a disadvantage of a desktop computer (this was possibly question 1 but hey ho).

The answer is split between: Taking up more desk space (D I believe), and desktops not having as much physical memory as other systems (B i believe).

Question 3:

Question about a kid who wanted to send something from his device to his friends device via bluetooth. The question wanted you to identify a reason for which bluetooth would be used.

Question 4: Question about benefits of CAD/CAM. Answer again, is split between either: CAM provides templates, or CAM is more accurate than human control. I went for the human control answer.

Clients needs?

Question 17:

Purpose of the Motherboard: eg: interface with components such as RAM slots, and CPU?

Purpose of RAM: eg: stores the GUI (graphical user interface), stores applications while the computer is running?

Purpose of Hard-drive: eg: stores long term data and information such as applications?

Question 18:

Legislation that must be adhered to when disposing of computer components. Possibly GDPR, or Data Protection Act alongside Environment Act (2010), WEEE directive.

Question 19:

Question about which output device should be used to show E5RQ employees sheets about upcoming films?

Question 20:

Benefits and risks of using Open Source Software? Indicative benefits, are the ability to modify source code. Indicative risks are incompatibility as some manufacturers do not provide drivers for open source operating systems.

Question 21:

Personal Attributes of a Network Manager. eg: leadership, self-motivational etc...

Question 22:

Advantages & disadvantages of a Client Server. (in my opinion one of the worse questions on the paper).

Question 23:

Some weird sh*t about colours and hexadecimal. I talked about RGB (basically that colours are a combination of the colours red, green and blue) so the binary codes for that. (I don't know what else OCR are looking for. Seemed like an A Level Computing question in my opinion.

Question about how it would be best for this lady to deliver a large amount of information in a short space of time to a group of people.

Question 25:

The_Governor200
Rep:
?
There's no need as the markscheme is open ti interpretation.
(Original post by Serbian_2000)
Can you do one for Unit 2 please
Broly1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago

Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:

Clients needs?

Question 17:

Question 18:

Question 19:

Question 20:

Question 21:

Question 22:

Question 23:

Question 25:

Hi,Is it possible for you to do one for unit 2 please as I'm having a mock soon and it's a high possibility that this unit 2 test will be the one.

Or if not, could you state the questions?
amaarahmed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 minutes ago
Does anyone have the unofficial 2019 Macroeconomic A-level Paper2 mark scheme or even questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.28%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (695)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (338)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.56%

Watched Threads