Uni, depression, anxiety, exam and loneliness Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone

You probably read the title and thought ''ugh that describes my life right now'', but...
I'm in my last year of uni, and i just can't seem to handle it all anymore. I have no real close friends anymore, i left two of my close friends nearly 1 year ago, and i haven't forgot about it since. We used to study the same and were together throughout the first 3 years, but things fell apart when they got behind because of exams they didn't pass. That meant i had to continue without them, but shady things started to happened because of the fact we didn't see each other and i was stressed with the new semester. They seemed to exclude me and not inviting me out anymore which i never did to either of them. I never excluded one of them when we were together but i guess that is what they wanted. Later on that year I gave them what they wanted, after a lot of thinking and many disappointments.

Since then I just continued it all and became solo. Now as far as for the studying it is going great, but when i keep everything myself and has no one really to talk to, I start having anxiety. I try to cope with it all alone, but I don't remember the last time I hung out with anyone outside of uni. I feel very lonely. I do have to mention that i made new friends, but they are not that close, and the only thing we talk about is studying. They are nerds which is fine, because i also like studying, but i don't have a close relationship with them. I'm also scared to go out and make new friends because of my previous experience, which is why I feel soooo lonely. I do have some old friends but they are all busy with their own life and some of them even have kids. So it is nearly impossible to get in contact with them and hang out.

Now with exam coming soon, I feel like a mess. I don't know what to do, my mind says ''focus on studying'' but my soul is having a hard time accepting it. I just don't know what to do ... The only thing that is making me alive is knowing the fact that I'm not entirely alone and many others are feeling exactly the same or maybe even worse.

Now thanks for reading and I'm so sorry if i made you feel more lonely or depressed, just know you have me here who is feeling the same.

Hope you all have a lovely day
Yasmeen_xx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Firstly your friends are probably just jealous of you and probably didn’t want to be with you because you reminded them of their own failures (which is completely not your fault btw) .
My advise is to go out and make friends , yes it’s terrifying especially since you’ve been hurt . But those walls are going to have to eventually come down otherwise you’re going to keep building them around you . Also I’m a big believer in if anything happens then it’s meant to be - they didn’t deserve you so they lost YOU, not the other way round . You’re better than this , you can do it .
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Yasmeen_xx)
Firstly your friends are probably just jealous of you and probably didn’t want to be with you because you reminded them of their own failures (which is completely not your fault btw) .
My advise is to go out and make friends , yes it’s terrifying especially since you’ve been hurt . But those walls are going to have to eventually come down otherwise you’re going to keep building them around you . Also I’m a big believer in if anything happens then it’s meant to be - they didn’t deserve you so they lost YOU, not the other way round . You’re better than this , you can do it .
Omg thank you for your reply I started tearing up! I honestly never thought about it that way but what is broken remains broken i guess. It is just sad that it ended this way, but I can't do much about it. I'm truly trying to me more social but it is so hard especially when uni is over soon. I guess I have to wait till i finish uni and see if I will meet some nice co-workers other than that it is kinda sad right now. I don't even remember the last time I went shopping with a friend, I'm usually all alone. Now it is fine to go out alone shopping and stuff, but what about when i need to eat. It is so awkward to sit alone and eat while everyone is eating with someone, so I skip going out all together.
Blank13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Maybe if your uni has a large international student community go along to the Chinese or Korean societies. From my experience they're fun to interact with, know where all the good Korean and Chinese restaurants are and would love to have more English friends, they just feel too shy and worried about their level of English to approach people and just end up stuck in a bubble of people from their own country. If you show a bit of interest in their country and culture, even if it's just for a few meetings before the semester ends they'll probably want to meet up outside of societies and uni.

(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone

You probably read the title and thought ''ugh that describes my life right now'', but...
I'm in my last year of uni, and i just can't seem to handle it all anymore. I have no real close friends anymore, i left two of my close friends nearly 1 year ago, and i haven't forgot about it since. We used to study the same and were together throughout the first 3 years, but things fell apart when they got behind because of exams they didn't pass. That meant i had to continue without them, but shady things started to happened because of the fact we didn't see each other and i was stressed with the new semester. They seemed to exclude me and not inviting me out anymore which i never did to either of them. I never excluded one of them when we were together but i guess that is what they wanted. Later on that year I gave them what they wanted, after a lot of thinking and many disappointments.

Since then I just continued it all and became solo. Now as far as for the studying it is going great, but when i keep everything myself and has no one really to talk to, I start having anxiety. I try to cope with it all alone, but I don't remember the last time I hung out with anyone outside of uni. I feel very lonely. I do have to mention that i made new friends, but they are not that close, and the only thing we talk about is studying. They are nerds which is fine, because i also like studying, but i don't have a close relationship with them. I'm also scared to go out and make new friends because of my previous experience, which is why I feel soooo lonely. I do have some old friends but they are all busy with their own life and some of them even have kids. So it is nearly impossible to get in contact with them and hang out.

Now with exam coming soon, I feel like a mess. I don't know what to do, my mind says ''focus on studying'' but my soul is having a hard time accepting it. I just don't know what to do ... The only thing that is making me alive is knowing the fact that I'm not entirely alone and many others are feeling exactly the same or maybe even worse.

Now thanks for reading and I'm so sorry if i made you feel more lonely or depressed, just know you have me here who is feeling the same.

mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone

Ok. But dont forget you are nearly dine with uni! I sense your old so called friends are embarrassed and jealous for failing .But they are no longer your friends. You have to move on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (215)
21.85%
The paper was reasonable (425)
43.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (190)
19.31%
It was TERRIBLE (154)
15.65%

Watched Threads