Flat in Durham University for next year - information request Watch

Remy45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi!
I am a French student who has been accepted for doing my whole 2019-2020 study year at Durham University next year (I live in Grenoble right now), and I barely started to look at accomodation websites but it seems more complicated than I thought, mostly when i look for periods between September and June for example (as I don't stay for the summer term)

I guess that people on this website have more knowledge about the issue than I do, and I wondered if I could be given some tips?
Also if anyone is about to study at Durham University next year as well, I don't mind if someone has flat sharing offers for instance! I've been used to share my flat for years and it almost always went great. When it comes to communication I'm not the typical French guy I'd say, as I've been living abroad (Norway) for 6 years, so my English shouldn't be an issue I guess.
Anyway, looking forward to getting some replies!

Cheers!
Rémy
Baggins19
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi
If your are looking for accommodation try going on the sturents.com website or posting/looking on the Facebook page Overheard at Durham University (there’s often people on there looking for housemates). Or check out websites of Letting Agents in Durham (you can search on google) who will post available properties eg Frampton and Roebuck or billfreehomes.com.

Hope this helps and good luck.
(Original post by Remy45)
Hi!
I am a French student who has been accepted for doing my whole 2019-2020 study year at Durham University next year (I live in Grenoble right now), and I barely started to look at accomodation websites but it seems more complicated than I thought, mostly when i look for periods between September and June for example (as I don't stay for the summer term)

I guess that people on this website have more knowledge about the issue than I do, and I wondered if I could be given some tips?
Also if anyone is about to study at Durham University next year as well, I don't mind if someone has flat sharing offers for instance! I've been used to share my flat for years and it almost always went great. When it comes to communication I'm not the typical French guy I'd say, as I've been living abroad (Norway) for 6 years, so my English shouldn't be an issue I guess.
Anyway, looking forward to getting some replies!

Cheers!
Rémy
Last edited by Baggins19; 8 months ago
Student Roost - Durham
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Good Afternoon, We are a PBSA at the bottom of Gilesgate, we are a 5 minute walk into Durham Market place and we offer en-suite studios with self contained kitchen, bedroom and desk area with three different room gradings. We would love to welcome you to Chapel Heights for your next academic year, we hold many events here and there is lots of opportunities to meet new people in your accommodation.
We have a cinema room here and a gym, there are also plenty of spaces to study and invite your friends over.

We offer skype viewings for those who cannot get to us for a viewing in person. There is more information on our website if you would like to know more www.studentroost.co.uk
I look forward to your reply.
Many Thanks
Sam
Customer Service Advisor
Remy45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Student Roost - Durham)
Good Afternoon, We are a PBSA at the bottom of Gilesgate, we are a 5 minute walk into Durham Market place and we offer en-suite studios with self contained kitchen, bedroom and desk area with three different room gradings. We would love to welcome you to Chapel Heights for your next academic year, we hold many events here and there is lots of opportunities to meet new people in your accommodation.
We have a cinema room here and a gym, there are also plenty of spaces to study and invite your friends over.

We offer skype viewings for those who cannot get to us for a viewing in person. There is more information on our website if you would like to know more www.studentroost.co.uk
I look forward to your reply.
Many Thanks
Sam
Customer Service Advisor
Hi,
I had seen your website and the accomodation seems great indeed, but the thing was that it seems that there is no choice about the 51 weeks tenure: as an international student I doubt that I will stay until August 2020. If there was eventually a way to stay for a shorter term (until June eventually) that would have been perfect for me

(Original post by Baggins19)
Hi
If your are looking for accommodation try going on the sturents.com website or posting/looking on the Facebook page Overheard at Durham University (there’s often people on there looking for housemates). Or check out websites of Letting Agents in Durham (you can search on google) who will post available properties eg Frampton and Roebuck or billfreehomes.com.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Thanks! I had seen another FB post but not the overheard at Durham uni, will prolly try there! Cheers!
Student Roost - Durham
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Good Morning,

The 51 week contract is all we currently offer here at Chapel Heights as there is a very high demand for this. If staying 51 weeks is too much for you we always offer that you can do a tenancy takeover, this is where someone who is looking for a summer let here takes over the contract for your room. This is always a very popular way to shorten your stay and there is always many people looking for semester or pre sessional stays in Durham.

If you would like some more information please do not hesitate to contact me on 0191 3388020.

Many Thanks
Sam
Customer Service Advisor
Chapel Heights
Durham
[email protected] k
(Original post by Remy45)
Hi,
I had seen your website and the accomodation seems great indeed, but the thing was that it seems that there is no choice about the 51 weeks tenure: as an international student I doubt that I will stay until August 2020. If there was eventually a way to stay for a shorter term (until June eventually) that would have been perfect for me

Thanks! I had seen another FB post but not the overheard at Durham uni, will prolly try there! Cheers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 29 Jun '20
  • Durham University
    Sat, 4 Jul '20
  • Durham University
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
12.97%
1 (89)
12.97%
2 (88)
12.83%
18.95%
22.3%
19.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed