OCR B Further Maths AS Level 13th May 2019 Watch

MrRhino
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How did everyone find it? Very challenging compared to last year.
BrandonShulver
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I found 5 (proof by induction) and 6 (matrices with lambda and k) hard, I left 5 unfinished because I didn’t really know what I was doing and thought I could get marks elsewhere and not really sure on my answers for 6. Apart from that it was ok mostly although messed up my answer for 1 was wrong as I forgot to add the 1 and left it as a fraction and probably other mistakes somewhere. Everyone in my college found it hard too, especially compared to last years AS paper. So boundaries must decrease/be low?

(Original post by MrRhino)
MeiSucks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I felt like MEI just r*ped me and I didn’t enjoy it
archie.science
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What did people get for Q6 ? Invariant line part?
MrRhino
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Finding lambda wasn’t too bad but I was stumped by finding the range of values for k. I thought the grade boundaries were low last year but this year they will have to be significantly lower still. How were you for time? Managed to answer every question apart from 6b but didn’t have enough time to check if any of my answers were actually correct. Method marks are all I’m hoping for.
(Original post by BrandonShulver)
I found 5 (proof by induction) and 6 (matrices with lambda and k) hard, I left 5 unfinished because I didn’t really know what I was doing and thought I could get marks elsewhere and not really sure on my answers for 6. Apart from that it was ok mostly although messed up my answer for 1 was wrong as I forgot to add the 1 and left it as a fraction and probably other mistakes somewhere. Everyone in my college found it hard too, especially compared to last years AS paper. So boundaries must decrease/be low?
MeiSucks
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you retarded?
Finding lambda wasn’t too bad but I was stumped by finding the range of values for k. I thought the grade boundaries were low last year but this year they will have to be significantly lower still. How were you for time? Managed to answer every question apart from 6b but didn’t have enough time to check if any of my answers were actually correct. Method marks are all I’m hoping for.
y=c ?? Therefore y=0? Who knows if that’s right
mudmuggleblood
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Definitely harder than last year 🤦🏾*♀️🤦🏾*♀️
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (42)
16.03%
The paper was reasonable (130)
49.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (58)
22.14%
It was TERRIBLE (32)
12.21%

Watched Threads