OCR B Further Maths AS Level 13th May 2019 Watch

Zaythe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah true, I haven't tried last year's paper yet. Hopefully it's at least doable.
(Original post by BrandonShulver)
Mechanics have lower boundaries since it is the toughest. So if you find you do the worst, as long as other people find the exam hard it should be reflected in the boundaries, hopefully like core today.
mudmuggleblood
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zaythe)
I kind of regret taking this AS now, as I'm not carrying on to A Level and it doesn't provide any real benefit. I hope I can make up for this paper.
Oh my gosh sammeee..my maths teacher was like “ just do the AS , it will help with maths” but I have seen no difference 🤦🏾*♀️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Zaythe
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I hope it's no more than 40 for an A becuase personally I don't think I got over 35.
(Original post by Klara_b155)
What do people reckon an A will be for pure? Last year it was 46/60.
Zaythe
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, I don't know if it will be a hinderance for uni applications if they see I got a low mark on this AS. I agree, it hasn't really helped normal maths because it's so different from it
(Original post by mudmuggleblood)
Oh my gosh sammeee..my maths teacher was like “ just do the AS , it will help with maths” but I have seen no difference 🤦🏾*♀️
BrandonShulver
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Considering I don't take physics and I got 72% or something, It was better than the core paper today. I just don't really understand centre of mass
Yeah true, I haven't tried last year's paper yet. Hopefully it's at least doable.
mudmuggleblood
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, I don't know if it will be a hinderance for uni applications if they see I got a low mark on this AS. I agree, it hasn't really helped normal maths because it's so different from it
Depends on uni I think . I don’t think they consider your AS if you have the 3 Alevels they are looking for
Zaythe
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hopefully not. I am so much more confident with my A Levels compared to further maths so hopefully I can do well in them. What subjects do you take?
Depends on uni I think . I don’t think they consider your AS if you have the 3 Alevels they are looking for
Ed_e12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got 100% on all my pure mocks so I made an unofficial markscheme: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5942682
Zaythe
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Whoa that's so good, I'm hoping to scrape through mechanics. I don't take physics either, I think it does give you a slight advantage tbh.
(Original post by BrandonShulver)
Considering I don't take physics and I got 72% or something, It was better than the core paper today. I just don't really understand centre of mass
mudmuggleblood
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hopefully not. I am so much more confident with my A Levels compared to further maths so hopefully I can do well in them. What subjects do you take?
Maths chemistry and biology + the AS further maths
You ?
Zaythe
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh nice, well if you want to do medicine or something similar I don't think further maths will be vital for any applications. I do maths, economics and philosophy.
Maths chemistry and biology + the AS further maths
You ?
mudmuggleblood
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
must be nice to have a brain like yours eh
(Original post by Ed_e12)
I got 100% on all my pure mocks so I made an unofficial markscheme: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5942682
mudmuggleblood
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yh I am going to do medicine so futher maths doesn't matter as much but it will be nice to see the uniform grades on my results sheet aha.

i wanted to do philosophy as third instead of maths but it counted as a critical thinking subject so it wasn't allowed

Oh nice, well if you want to do medicine or something similar I don't think further maths will be vital for any applications. I do maths, economics and philosophy.
Zaythe
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah I know what you mean haha. Yh maths will be more useful more medicine for sure. Philosophy is interesting and fairly simple compared to further maths anyway lol
yh I am going to do medicine so futher maths doesn't matter as much but it will be nice to see the uniform grades on my results sheet aha.

i wanted to do philosophy as third instead of maths but it counted as a critical thinking subject so it wasn't allowed
Klara_b155
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5943168

Uhh if y'all who did the exam voted on this I would appreciate it - its nice to know what people outside of your college think about the exam.
mudmuggleblood
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
How are you guys feeling for the mechanics paper ?

Good luck to everyone xx
BrandonShulver
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Not very good since Mechanics is the hardest module, and I’m bad at it. I don’t have much time to revise it as I have economics in the morning and I’m even worse at that😬 but yeah good luck
How are you guys feeling for the mechanics paper ?

Good luck to everyone xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (350)
30.54%
The paper was reasonable (460)
40.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (197)
17.19%
It was TERRIBLE (139)
12.13%

Watched Threads