9. 3 for part a) and 6 for part b)
(Original post by inikslaw)
how many marks was the marble question
Finsey
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It was very funny to remember that the Chimpanzee question (adult and juvenile populations) was very similar to the specimen paper's questions with adult and juvenile populations as well; and how my teacher assured me that such a difficult question would not come up in the exam... It's the exact same question!
Harry_Spencer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5942570

got my answers here
Leviathan1611
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what were the questions?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Alyscara
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RedGiant)
I almost lost my marbles with that standard deviation q, until I realised it was given in the formula book.
Really where? I didn't even get the right formula booklet... I got an old aqa one.... Maybe that's why I couldn't find it...
Sophhhowa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Finsey)
It was very funny to remember that the Chimpanzee question (adult and juvenile populations) was very similar to the specimen paper's questions with adult and juvenile populations as well; and how my teacher assured me that such a difficult question would not come up in the exam... It's the exact same question!
We all thought the same. Was pretty bummed when it came up. At least it sounds like everyone messed that up so low grade boundaries *fingers crossed*
Quite a few people at my skl had to miss questions as they couldn’t even get started 😬
I thought it started quite well and got progressively worse till the end was ????
Tazeena_Azad
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nk02)
did anyone find everything hard?
ME!!! a few of the first questions were manageable but the rest made me tear up a bit ngl
Math calc 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lol it was easy. I'm an year 11 (Maths A* already achieved ) did further AS this year. Idk how people ran out of time I had plenty left to check my answers. I'd be disappointed to not get a high percentage.
√-1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
cus we aren't all geniuses and maybe you did the questions wrong if u found them easy
ursbhhdb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how many marks was the first matrices q, was it 6 or 8
Math calc 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Im a maths olympiad medalist (and nearly 100% in the new a level maths). I practiced throughout the year and revised efficiently so maybe if I want to be happy with my performance i don't see anything wrong with it.
FirstAstroRook
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Absolutely, well done to you. What are your plans for university? Going to do Maths I guess.
(Original post by Math calc 17)
Im a maths olympiad medalist (and nearly 100% in the new a level maths). I practiced throughout the year and revised efficiently so maybe if I want to be happy with my performance i don't see anything wrong with it.
Math calc 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FirstAstroRook)
Absolutely, well done to you. What are your plans for university? Going to do Maths I guess.
Im still in year 11 so I haven't chosen a university yet but hopefully top 5 (my education counselor recommended Princeton and Trinity college,Cambridge). And of course I'll do maths .
FirstAstroRook
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good luck. You are so young compared to rest of the group here as most are in year 13 here. Are you in UK year 11 or overseas (ie India) Year 11?

Have you not taken your As Further Maths a bit too early, as for university they take exams taken in the last 2 years of application.
(Original post by Math calc 17)
Im still in year 11 so I haven't chosen a university yet but hopefully top 5 (my education counselor recommended Princeton and Trinity college,Cambridge). And of course I'll do maths .
thekidwhogames
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good luck. You are so young compared to rest of the group here as most are in year 13 here. Are you in UK year 11 or overseas (ie India) Year 11?

Have you not taken your As Further Maths a bit too early, as for university they take exams taken in the last 2 years of application.
You mean year 12? This is the AS exam
FirstAstroRook
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In UK, we have year 13 as final school year (similar to year 12 in India), as UK kids start studying a year early when toddlers

Some Year 13 do AS FM also, as well as A2 FM.

(Original post by thekidwhogames)
You mean year 12? This is the AS exam
thekidwhogames
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In UK, we have year 13 as final school year (similar to year 12 in India), as UK kids start studying a year early when toddlers

Some Year 13 do AS FM also, as well as A2 FM.
Yeah I'm in UK 😂 most people took the AS we're year 12 presumably but some year 13 did both anyways
geokinkladze
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've no idea where you get that idea from but it's not true. I know a young lad who did A level at aged 10 and got an A*. Do you honestly believe the Universities would discount it after 2 years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads