Not sure how this application process is supposed to work Watch

grapefruits
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I am not sure how this application process is supposed to work.
It says the offer to enter the school is conditional on GCSE grades, but it also says that 'successful candidates' will be invited to a Taster Day in March, which is before GCSEs.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by grapefruits)
Hello, I am not sure how this application process is supposed to work.
It says the offer to enter the school is conditional on GCSE grades, but it also says that 'successful candidates' will be invited to a Taster Day in March, which is before GCSEs.
I'd guess it's based on your predicted grades if you meet your offer which will be made before GCSE's then great if not then you won't and will have to make other arrangements I'm assuming this is for an A-level or collage course.
grapefruits
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Does that mean that after you go to your taster day, when you’ll be sorted into forms and everything , there’s still a possibility that you might be unsuccessful? That sounds strange but maybe it is that way.
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
I'd guess it's based on your predicted grades if you meet your offer which will be made before GCSE's then great if not then you won't and will have to make other arrangements I'm assuming this is for an A-level or collage course.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does that mean that after you go to your taster day, when you’ll be sorted into forms and everything , there’s still a possibility that you might be unsuccessful? That sounds strange but maybe it is that way.
No it's most likely just to see what it's like as you say a taster day you might get sorted in to your teaching groups if they do this system (different to your forms) but getting sorted in to your forms (or houses as they are sometimes called) will happen later you'll probably get a letter telling you which room to report to on your first day and you'll be sorted from there.
SarcAndSpark
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, this seems likely. The college will want to use the taster day as a recruiting strategy- but they can't hold one after GCSEs as classes etc won't be running. It's not that unusual.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (42)
15.79%
The paper was reasonable (131)
49.25%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
22.56%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
12.41%

Watched Threads