The Student Room Group

Highlighters in exams

Is the use of highlighters permitted for AQA and Edexcel exams?

One of my teachers said that they are for AQA as long as they are yellow highlighters, but she was not 100% sure. Also, what is the case for Edexcel exams?

Thanks
you can use any coloured highlighter on exam papers but just not on ur writing, if ur highlighting a text or part of the question it’s alright
We always got told for our exams that any highlighter is allowed as you highlight the question and NEVER you answer. This should be the case unless the rules have changed.
You can highlight the question not your answer's because they will not be able to read it : ))
Reply 4
Okay, thank you all so much and good luck if you are sitting your exams!
Yes, just not on the writing as when they photocopy it it will simply come out as a lump of grey blurriness. I usually do a little highlighted dot to point out key words so I know I am using a certain word lots (useful when remembering to link back to the question in essays!) :yep:
I would recommend not using highlighters on your exam papers as sometimes the paper is glossy, not normal printer paper (for some of my exams anyway) and just not easy to highlight on so make sure you have a backup
Reply 7
Is this a personal preference, not a requirement?
Original post by OctoberRain7
I would recommend not using highlighters on your exam papers as sometimes the paper is glossy, not normal printer paper (for some of my exams anyway) and just not easy to highlight on so make sure you have a backup
Original post by chibibotto
Is this a personal preference, not a requirement?

Yes
Reply 9
I decided not to use my highlighter in exams, except for English and business studies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending