The Student Room Group

Wednesday 15th AS Mei Maths and Mech discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by BrandonShulver
I don’t know if it’s right I honestly just tried every differentiation method I learnt to show it was a minimum at (1,-3) because I was so confused how it was 7 marks (and they gave us 2 pages??)

You know what i was wondering the SAME!! Btw how did u find the first four questions i thoight they were pretty decent.
yeh me too :smile:
Original post by jsjsjsjs333
Nah, it won't matter you multiplied it out - same thing! And thats good, starting to feel more confident about the paper.
Was the rational question of a bsqrt(2) form 3 or 4 marks?
Four I believe
Original post by t_24204204020
Was the rational question of a bsqrt(2) form 3 or 4 marks?
It was one of the easiest papers I sat in my life, go drop maths if you found it hard

Original post by sdhasdjg
For me I think it went pretty bad pahha, what did u get for the that sinx and cosx question about the intersection (q2 I think)
Original post by frashid
You know what i was wondering the SAME!! Btw how did u find the first four questions i thoight they were pretty decent.

I don't remember what the four questions were phah
Your comment isn't really necessary, is it?
Original post by MeiSucks
It was one of the easiest papers I sat in my life, go drop maths if you found it hard

**** off
Reply 68
I don't remember what the four questions were phah

1) how many solutions tan4theta had
2) I ACTUALLY FORGOT THIS Q NOW
3)find p and q in the expression of f(x)
4) factorise f(x) completely
(edited 4 years ago)
Discussion about the paper isn’t necessary because it was so easy
Your comment isn't really necessary, is it?
The factorising question was nice. I think one of the first ones was a discriminant one too, where it came out as -55? Not sure on that one though
Original post by frashid
1) how many solutions tan4theta had
2) I ACTUALLY FORGOT THIS Q NOW
3)find p and q in the expression of f(x)
4) factorise f(x) completely
That’s what your college will say to you in the summer when you get your grade back
**** off
yeh that was the first question and I think I got the same
The factorising question was nice. I think one of the first ones was a discriminant one too, where it came out as -55? Not sure on that one though
And yet here you are looming on the thread. Take your trolling elsewhere, our feeble minds cannot even comprehend enough to communicate with such a maths genius.
Discussion about the paper isn’t necessary because it was so easy
I got -56 now that makes me concerned as I know other people got -55 but I don’t know how
And yet here you are looming on the thread. Take your trolling elsewhere, our feeble minds cannot even comprehend enough to communicate with such a maths genius.

They do call me the maths god heheheh...
u sound like a right ****

They do call me the maths god heheheh...
I don't quite remember it was something like that
I got -56 now that makes me concerned as I know other people got -55 but I don’t know how
The equation was something like -2x=-x^2+7

so then rearrange to 0=-x^2+2x+7

then b^-4ac

(-1)^2-4(2)(7)
1-56

Not sure if my signs are right, but it was something of the sort :smile:
I must have read the question wrong I thought it was just 2x^2-7

Quick Reply

Latest