Diarrhoea, sickness and lack of sleep before exam Watch

Squeasel7
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have had my RE exam today, first one of my GCSES. Tomorrow I have biology paper one, and I need to do well in it because I’m taking it for A-level. This morning about half one I woke up and I was violently sick in the toilet; and I couldn’t go back to sleep until my mom came and sat in my room with me. About 7 I started getting bowel movements. All this chaos in the night has lead me to be so tired today, I haven’t really eaten as I’m scared I will be sick again and I’m so tired I feel like I can’t revise or concentrate. What can I do?
ari_xo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
dont revise for now take it easy and see if you feel better tomorrow, get some rest and revise tomorrow in the morning before the exam x
Squeasel7
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Thank you. It’s a shambles at the moment 😂 x
(Original post by ari_xo)
dont revise for now take it easy and see if you feel better tomorrow, get some rest and revise tomorrow in the morning before the exam x
ari_xo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
aww good luck, ive been so stressed i cant even imagine being ill during it all as well x
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Squeasel7)
I have had my RE exam today, first one of my GCSES. Tomorrow I have biology paper one, and I need to do well in it because I’m taking it for A-level. This morning about half one I woke up and I was violently sick in the toilet; and I couldn’t go back to sleep until my mom came and sat in my room with me. About 7 I started getting bowel movements. All this chaos in the night has lead me to be so tired today, I haven’t really eaten as I’m scared I will be sick again and I’m so tired I feel like I can’t revise or concentrate. What can I do?
Goodness me, that sounds awful. I hope you get well soon. In terms of tomorrow's biology paper 1 exam, do remember that last year's grade boundaries were very low since it's a new spec so I wouldn't worry too much about it but do aim to do the best you can. I'm sure that your school can make some sort of arrangement if you're still sick tomorrow. Good luck. xD
Last edited by CoffeeAndPolitics; 4 months ago
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ari_xo)
aww good luck, ive been so stressed i cant even imagine being ill during it all as well x
Good luck. If you're doing some revision tonight, make sure you know the stuff for practicals and go over weaker topics before the exam. Don't panic too much because this is a new spec and the grade boundaries for last year was quite low. You got this! xD
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Welcome to pre exam nerves. I suffer pretty badly and went to the dr, she told me to take a immodiumtt the night before an exam which would help.

I feelf you as much prep and be as confident as you can be, it might help as well.

Good luck
samanthawongx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
go to the doctors and ask for a note so you can apply for special consideration to the exam board
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Others have given you good advice about today.

Tomorrow, if you still feel ill, ring your school early and let them know. They may be able to arrange for you to take the exam in a separate room, which might be good if you are feeling ill.

If you are very unwell, it may be possible to get special consideration for this exam- talk to your school about the sort of evidence that's needed.

Good luck, and feel better soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
11.11%
Disagree (3)
8.33%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.78%
Agree (11)
30.56%
Strongly Agree (8)
22.22%

Watched Threads