Ogt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
That’s fair enough, thanks for the info then!

Hopefully not too much longer. It would be poor form to expect people to go to Assessment Centres with barely any notice. Have to arrange with work and prep etc!
(Original post by aidry)
I’m a fixed termer in the dept that is in charge of the recruitment. Neither pwc or Deloitte doing the sift I’m afraid lol. Whilst the external will be helping run the assessment centres the panel will be made up of NICS staff.

Ogt the panel will consist of people in a higher grade the reason I think they went external for the sift is speed, the g7 comp took over a year for people to apply and get in post, this is a much quicker process thank goodness
aidry
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have some experience with hr connect too lol (please note they are not civil servants and poorly paid, they just take instructions so don’t give out to them too much) the shortest notice I can ever remember was 10 days but they only have to give a week.

This campaign is all about speed so I’d be preparing your interview examples if I were you, you can always use the examples for the next external they’re bringing out
(Original post by Ogt)
That’s fair enough, thanks for the info then!

Hopefully not too much longer. It would be poor form to expect people to go to Assessment Centres with barely any notice. Have to arrange with work and prep etc!
Last edited by aidry; 7 months ago
aidry
Rep:
?
Ye May stop frantically checking emails. HR Connect systems are down for an update as of 17:15

Hopefully Monday now
alohahaha
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I was worried they would send the invites out over the weekend as I used my work email which I don't have access to at home.

Monday is not a great deal of notice for the following Monday.

I heard today the assessment centre will be four hours long.

Feeling downbeat though with all the rumours of cheating
alohahaha
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Sorry no clue why my reply is all italics! Good luck everyone anyway
aidry
Rep:
?
All the evidence of cheating has been internal candidates and to be fair you can’t cheat the management decisions so if they don’t have the wit to pass the maths they’re not going to cope too well with the other.

I’m also hoping the assessment centre weeds them out, will certainly separate the men from the boys
alohahaha
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes but those who cheat on the tests put those who don't at risk of not making it to the assessment centre - only top scoring candidates go through.

Also, I had only heard rumours of cheating so interested in the evidence you mention ... and if there is evidence how come they aren't being disqualified?
aidry
Rep:
?
I heard they were disqualified but then I heard it was something nipsa did to stop the competition so who knows

They’ll run more than one assessment centre, the maths wasn’t overly difficult just time was an issue the other two you had plenty of time to complete
Ogt
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
So today should be the day! I would imagine it has to be, otherwise they surely must have to postpone assessment centres.
Has anyone heard anything? I’ll keep you updated!
aidry
Rep:
?
Training for the assessment centres were last week and no one, that I know anyway, have been told that the centres have been delayed so yeah today should be it
(Original post by Ogt)
So today should be the day! I would imagine it has to be, otherwise they surely must have to postpone assessment centres.
Has anyone heard anything? I’ll keep you updated!
Ogt
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Ok great thanks, it’ll prob be late this afternoon 🙄. Make us wait as long as possible
(Original post by aidry)
Training for the assessment centres were last week and no one, that I know anyway, have been told that the centres have been delayed so yeah today should be it
Ogt
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Still nothing for me. Has anyone heard anything? Finding it hard to believe I’ve still heard nothing...
aidry
Rep:
?
Nope, I say it’s been delayed, not unusual.
(Original post by Ogt)
Still nothing for me. Has anyone heard anything? Finding it hard to believe I’ve still heard nothing...
Whea
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Nothing here either.
Ogt
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’m guessing not tonight then? Can I stop refreshing now?
Do you think they’ll put back the assessments or send an update?
alohahaha
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I emailed today and asked and they said they couldn't confirm when invites would issue and they advised candidates to prepare for the assessment centres, so I don't know what is going on!
aidry
Rep:
?
Well the rumour mill has been in overdrive this morning but hr are currently confirming dates with panel members as a matter of urgency so that may put one rumour to bed

I don’t expect results today but I do expect a communication to be issued
jimmack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi there, just wondering where you're getting your info from? I'm also currently working in NICS but we're not hearing the info you are?
aidry
Rep:
?
people In the office are on the panels
(Original post by jimmack)
Hi there, just wondering where you're getting your info from? I'm also currently working in NICS but we're not hearing the info you are?
jimmack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
That's interesting, we have a similar situation here but panel members still being told they're required for next Wednesday onwards.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.06%
They've been reasonable (69)
40.59%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.88%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise