AS AQA English Language Watch

Lliddle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How did everyone think the paper one exam went today?
Last edited by Lliddle; 1 week ago
Jamesshoreo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It wasn't too bad, the 90 minutes went quite quickly for me. Found it hard to analyse the text in 20 mins..
Lliddle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The time keeping was quite difficult, I found it odd that this was the second exam question for this paper ive seen that had a text based around Nigella Lawson.

What points did you do for A and B

(Original post by Jamesshoreo)
It wasn't too bad, the 90 minutes went quite quickly for me. Found it hard to analyse the text in 20 mins..
Jamesshoreo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can't remember lol!
I think I mentioned that women were stereotypically 'kept' in the kitchen but now they choose to be there. Analysed some verbs and did some connotations. How about you?
(Original post by Lliddle)
The time keeping was quite difficult, I found it odd that this was the second exam question for this paper ive seen that had a text based around Nigella Lawson.

What points did you do for A and B
Lliddle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
For question one I wrote a lot about how the text did a good job of representing itself as calming through semantic fields and declarative, And represents the writer quit every positively.

I didn't feel as confident on question two but I did feel good writing about how it represents transcripts as limited because their was a line that seemed like it needed visuals for context.

I had to really rush question 3 though and ended up writing mostly about differences and similarities in things like audience and purpose.

What do you think (and hope) paper 2 will be in tomorrow?
Jamesshoreo
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yes, I had to rush the final question too. I'm not sure about tomorrow, probably something about language and gender, I've been brushing up on my theory tonight so I'm not feeling so bad. Having the opinion article makes me feel like I will (hopefully) do better on the second paper. How about you?
For question one I wrote a lot about how the text did a good job of representing itself as calming through semantic fields and declarative, And represents the writer quit every positively.

I didn't feel as confident on question two but I did feel good writing about how it represents transcripts as limited because their was a line that seemed like it needed visuals for context.

I had to really rush question 3 though and ended up writing mostly about differences and similarities in things like audience and purpose.

What do you think (and hope) paper 2 will be in tomorrow?
Lliddle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Really hope it's on gender, I find the four Ds easiest and Howard Gilesto remember. I really hope the option article is something more engaging then the occupation one from last year, I really hope theirs some low mark boundaries and I'm just going to have to cram theories now and try to stay focused when I write the answers

(Original post by Jamesshoreo)Yes, I had to rush the final question too. I'm not sure about tomorrow, probably something about language and gender, I've been brushing up on my theory tonight so I'm not feeling so bad. Having the opinion article makes me feel like I will (hopefully) do better on the second paper. How about you?
Jamesshoreo
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hello, what did you think of paper 2?
Lliddle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Honestly I was feeling sort ignored positive about t but then I realised the final question was a paper about accent in the workplace and I wrote this whole article around the premise of why people should adopt RP for work and I'm worried it doesn't technically answer the question
(Original post by Jamesshoreo)
Hello, what did you think of paper 2?
Jamesshoreo
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I did a similar thing, couldn't remember any theories to do with accent, so wrote about accommodation theory instead. I felt like I was 'reusing' some things for the two questions
Honestly I was feeling sort ignored positive about t but then I realised the final question was a paper about accent in the workplace and I wrote this whole article around the premise of why people should adopt RP for work and I'm worried it doesn't technically answer the question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (386)
25.96%
The paper was reasonable (643)
43.24%
Not feeling great about that exam (295)
19.84%
It was TERRIBLE (163)
10.96%

Watched Threads