Not doing aswell in First Year, how much does it impact internship applications? Watch

SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I put in the effort through the year, but in the end I wasn't as efficient as I hoped. I feel like in the end my mood/mental health was too much of a distraction, and the whole settling into uni/adapting took a while.

I am certain that next year I will be in a much better position, this year I spent a lot of energy hating myself/feeling like a failure but the past month I have been good.

So far I have gotten 52 in 1 essay (40% of a 20credit module), 60 in 1 module (20credits), 65 in 40% of a module (20credits), 66 and 61 (both 10 credit modules). I have 1 10credit module that I might fail.

I feel like I am still at a stage in my revision where I am note taking/learning new things, it feels really late and overwhelming.

I generally feel like I might end up getting a 2:3 or 2:2 or 2:1. It all feels quite overwhelming and uncertain, and I just want to get it all out of the way.
Last edited by SuperHuman98; 1 week ago
SarcAndSpark
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A 2:3 isn't a thing- you're thinking of a third.

There is a big difference between a 2.1 and a third. A 2.1 is considered a "good" degree classification, and will be fine for pretty much anything. A third won't.

For internships, some will ask for your current grades, but some might not, so if this year doesn't go so well, you should still be able to find some options.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did you find the exam?