Why am I so distracted? Watch

Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Whenever I want to start doing some revision after spending ages to try and convince myself to do something I keep having urges to do everything but revision I feel like I can't fully focus on the task I am currently doing and usually I leave lots of tasks incomplete as a result and give up on trying to revise after spending so long to try and convince myself to even start.
Last edited by Anonymous1502; 5 days ago
KJEKJE Says Hi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You're distracted because you're likely in an environment with loads of distractions at arm's reach. Eliminate the distractions around you first, and you'll find it easier. ^^

Revision isn't the most fun thing in the world either, so if you find a way to make revision both interesting and beneficial to you, then you'll see revision as less of a chore. :P
HateSchx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
After school I revise at the site, helps with distractions and when at school I feel motivated to do so.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by KJEKJE Says Hi)
You're distracted because you're likely in an environment with loads of distractions at arm's reach. Eliminate the distractions around you first, and you'll find it easier. ^^

Revision isn't the most fun thing in the world either, so if you find a way to make revision both interesting and beneficial to you, then you'll see revision as less of a chore. :P
I need sometimes laptop to revise and I can't stop access to youtube as I need to watch tutorials.
Yellow_234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Same , I procrastinate a lot and have had consequences towards my exam . I find a possible solution is comparing stuff to daily work . Like if you exercised today you can also at the same time revise biology like how coronary heart diseases are limited once you exercise or even how sweat glands operate and due to a decrease in water content what are the after effects ???
Just believe in ur self
Stay cool
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yellow_234)
Same , I procrastinate a lot and have had consequences towards my exam . I find a possible solution is comparing stuff to daily work . Like if you exercised today you can also at the same time revise biology like how coronary heart diseases are limited once you exercise or even how sweat glands operate and due to a decrease in water content what are the after effects ???
Just believe in ur self
Stay cool
I need to practice exam papers which is proving difficult as they are incredibly long (a level) and there are no short cuts and they are incredibly dull.
CoffeeAndPolitics
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
Whenever I want to start doing some revision after spending ages to try and convince myself to do something I keep having urges to do everything but revision I feel like I can't fully focus on the task I am currently doing and usually I leave lots of tasks incomplete as a result and give up on trying to revise after spending so long to try and convince myself to even start.
Maybe you're in an unsuitable study environment with distractions like smartphone etc.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Maybe you're in an unsuitable study environment with distractions like smartphone etc.
I am not distracted by my phone as no one ever texts me and I don't use any social media whatsoever.The library is like 30 minutes from my house one way and I am not bothered to commute for so long.I am also tired after school and I hate bringing lunch with me as I hate eating cold food and I won't pay £3 for a sandwich when a loaf of bread is £1
CoffeeAndPolitics
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I am not distracted by my phone as no one ever texts me and I don't use any social media whatsoever.The library is like 30 minutes from my house one way and I am not bothered to commute for so long.I am also tired after school and I hate bringing lunch with me as I hate eating cold food and I won't pay £3 for a sandwich when a loaf of bread is £1
Fair enough. Just make sure you're eating and sleeping well for exams and stuff. In terms of commuting to the library, 30 mins isn't too bad but if you work best at home than that's good - do what's right for you.
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 22 hours ago
Hello,

As mentioned above you need to make sure your environment isn't full of distractions, take yourself to an unfamiliar room or library where you cannot get easily distracted.

Also, time your revision. I found this technique great whilst revising, I would revise or do past papers in 30 minutes to 1 hour periods followed by a 10 - 20-minute break. Not only did I not get distracted I found myself working more efficiently under the time limit.

Hope this helps,
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?