Russian Exam Resources Watch

SmeaGollum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I'm currently in Year 12 studying A-Level Russian. I have done the past papers available and found some quizlets, but was wondering if there are any more resources available for revising the Edexcel course? I'd be really grateful if someone could inform me of any good websites, or share any resources you have made.
Ryanzmw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SmeaGollum)
Hi,

I'm currently in Year 12 studying A-Level Russian. I have done the past papers available and found some quizlets, but was wondering if there are any more resources available for revising the Edexcel course? I'd be really grateful if someone could inform me of any good websites, or share any resources you have made.
What is on the exam and what sort of things in particular would you like to revise?
SmeaGollum
Rep:
?
Thank you for replying.

There's four parts to the exam; listening, reading, translation and response to literary works. There are different themes including youth, health, work, environment, culture, festivals, e.t.c.

The literary work on this particular exam is Revizor, but I'm most comfortable with that and have created enough resources of my own.

I would find it helpful if there was a vocab list by topic; I have found a few on quizlet but not for all the topics. If there are any listening tests I can do, that would also be helpful, as I have already done all the past paper ones available from Edexcel.

I'm also just unsure in general how to revise for the speaking; I don't have anyone to practice with as I have asked my teachers and they do not feel I need more practice, however, I would feel more comfortable if I did, and was wondering if there were any ways to revise this by myself (or if there are any suggestions on finding someone to practice with).

(Original post by Ryanzmw)
What is on the exam and what sort of things in particular would you like to revise?
Ryanzmw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SmeaGollum)
Thank you for replying.

There's four parts to the exam; listening, reading, translation and response to literary works. There are different themes including youth, health, work, environment, culture, festivals, e.t.c.

The literary work on this particular exam is Revizor, but I'm most comfortable with that and have created enough resources of my own.

I would find it helpful if there was a vocab list by topic; I have found a few on quizlet but not for all the topics. If there are any listening tests I can do, that would also be helpful, as I have already done all the past paper ones available from Edexcel.

I'm also just unsure in general how to revise for the speaking; I don't have anyone to practice with as I have asked my teachers and they do not feel I need more practice, however, I would feel more comfortable if I did, and was wondering if there were any ways to revise this by myself (or if there are any suggestions on finding someone to practice with).
For speaking practise you could download an app such as Hellotalk to meet some natives, but it seems unlikely that you'll be able to practise speaking about topics relevant to the exam there. What you could do is instead write a couple of essays on italki about these topics so at least once they've been corrected by natives you'll have a couple of phrases ready for use. It depends what aspect of speaking you find hard. If it's just a matter of practising conjugating and declining and the exact topic isn't of much relevance, then hellotalk; otherwise italki imo.
SmeaGollum
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ryanzmw)
For speaking practise you could download an app such as Hellotalk to meet some natives, but it seems unlikely that you'll be able to practise speaking about topics relevant to the exam there. What you could do is instead write a couple of essays on italki about these topics so at least once they've been corrected by natives you'll have a couple of phrases ready for use. It depends what aspect of speaking you find hard. If it's just a matter of practising conjugating and declining and the exact topic isn't of much relevance, then hellotalk; otherwise italki imo.
Thank you very much for the recommendations - I’ve downloaded hellotalk and it looks very useful! I think with me, it’s mostly conjugating in the moment that’s an issue, and I also really like how natives are happy to correct your mistakes when texting. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (228)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (453)
45.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (181)
18.01%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
14.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise