The Student Room Group

The lightness of my writing

Recently I sat my first exam (edexcel R.S) and I came out of it thinking that I may have written too lightly on the page for the scanner to pick up. Is this something I should be worried about? It's not as if my handwriting was poor, and the writing was nowhere near illegible due to the apparent lightness, but that doesn't stop me from thinking that the writing wasn't 'dark' enough. Thanks.
how light are we talking about
Reply 2
Original post by HarryHD
Recently I sat my first exam (edexcel R.S) and I came out of it thinking that I may have written too lightly on the page for the scanner to pick up. Is this something I should be worried about? It's not as if my handwriting was poor, and the writing was nowhere near illegible due to the apparent lightness, but that doesn't stop me from thinking that the writing wasn't 'dark' enough. Thanks.

Just make sure that you use a black ballpoint pen in the exam. Most exam scripts do get scanned in for marking on-screen by examiners but they do mark some exam scripts without scanning it so you'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 3
Definitely dark enough to be able to read if you read the actual paper in front of you but light enough to see that I wasn't pressing down hard on the page (I don't really know how else to put it lol).
Original post by lilTrain
how light are we talking about
Reply 4
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Just make sure that you use a black ballpoint pen in the exam. Most exam scripts do get scanned in for marking on-screen by examiners but they do mark some exam scripts without scanning it so you'll be fine. :smile:
should have been fine if your pen wasnt really thin. if they cant read it they might request to get the physical copy though? get a sort of inky pen, they dont come out soft and you dont need to press hard at all, something like Pilot. maybe a 0.5 or 0.7 is the safest if you're worried about it
Original post by HarryHD
Definitely dark enough to be able to read if you read the actual paper in front of you but light enough to see that I wasn't pressing down hard on the page (I don't really know how else to put it lol).

Quick Reply

Latest