OCR GCSE Biology A B1-B3 and B7 Higher J247/03 - 14 May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Watch
Afrrcyn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Couldn't find an OCR, so just made this.
kittenxoxoxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone have any predictions for what may come up in paper 1 biology for the OCR exam board tomorrow?!
Imzoraizhaha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m not telling u
(Original post by kittenxoxoxo)
Does anyone have any predictions for what may come up in paper 1 biology for the OCR exam board tomorrow?!
Da14a
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am not going to lie but that exam was not too bad. Contemplating what equipment is used to measure to a 1/100th of a gram?
mahirahmed_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
majority of things that I revised didn't necessarily come up in the exam which wasn't that great!
Laurence863
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Da14a)
I am not going to lie but that exam was not too bad. Contemplating what equipment is used to measure to a 1/100th of a gram?
I said electronic mass balance but idk
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I found the exam okay, it was probably around the same difficulty level as last years paper
The questions about fructose/glucose/sucrose confused me though :lol:
WGreen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I put that too also what was that 6 mark question I had no clue if I'm being honest
(Original post by Laurence863)
I said electronic mass balance but idk
Bubble_ks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what did everyone put for the Q with the beakers and iodine in them
WGreen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it was something to do with osmosis but didn't quite get the starch part
(Original post by Bubble_ks)
what did everyone put for the Q with the beakers and iodine in them
isabella25
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
that the iodine permeated the membrane as it turned from white to blue/black which evidenced that iodine mixed with the starch idk
WGreen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly i really struggled with that paper it was basically a compilation of the topics I was bad at
isabella25
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The questions were so weird it was so random
WGreen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Completely agree did you get the 6 marker?
(Original post by isabella25)
The questions were so weird it was so random
internet monster
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When calculating the actual diameter I forgot to convert units from 2cm to 20mm. Triggered
Situlechu
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did you guys put for the which other animal has the most similar circulatory system to humans?
Who Even Am I?
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the 6 marker I said that the water might move into the red blood cells, which means less room for haemoglobin, which means less oxyhaemoglobin and therefore less respiration and your cells would less efficient.
I also, said that if the sodium level was really low, then cells could burst (lysis). But I'm pretty sure all that's wrong😂
isabella25
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Something along these lines - lower sodium ion levels meant that there would be a much higher amount of water in the blood and body cells potentially causing cell lysis (when the cells have too much water they burst). ADH releases the water in the collecting duct back into the blood which increases the amount of water in the blood and body cells further, so by having a drug that blocks ADH means that water in the body passes through as urine and the sodium ion:water levels return back to normal
internet monster
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wrote bird because it was double circulatory and have 4 loops which resemble the ventricle and atrium
(Original post by Situlechu)
What did you guys put for the which other animal has the most similar circulatory system to humans?
isabella25
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same, also the direction of blood flow was multidirectional for the amphibian but was the one direction for the bird as well as humans
(Original post by internet monster)
I wrote bird because it was double circulatory and have 4 loops which resemble the ventricle and atrium
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads