The Student Room Group

GSA or ARTS ED

So I have recently auditioned for GSA and ArtsEd, MA in acting courses and I have been offered a place in both the schools. I am an international student from India and my dream college is Drama Center London, but they haven't yet reverted to my video auditions.

I am in a fix, which one to choose out of the two. As both of them seems to be interesting courses. What should you guys recommend ?
They are both colleges with fantastic reputations so I think ultimately it comes down to where do you feel you will fit in/be happier?
Reply 2
Since I am an international student, I am mostly looking at good placement opportunities and contacts. GSA seemed alot more personal and is a 12 months course where as Arts ed MA division is not in Arts ed main school but they have a 10 months course ..

So can't really decide .. so confusing.. 🥺
So where is it based, as far as I was aware the MA which comes under the School of Acting) is based in Chiswick with the rest of Arts Ed. Do be aware there are two strands to Arts Ed. One is a private day school for children and 6th formers, providing pre-vocational training and then the Main "college" part is what provides the degrees and MA's. My knowledge lies more towards musical theatre and Arts Ed and GSA are pretty much seen as the top couple of places to train, (depensing on individuals Arts Ed probably just edges into first place). For Acting its slightly different and places like RADA, Bristol Old Vic etc are probably more prestigious but GSA and Arts Ed as I said before both have really good reputations (GSA I know ore for acting than Arts Ed).

Both courses are 1 academic year (September - July) yes, technially the GSA website says 12 months but its a technicality since the college is on holiday (vacation) from July onwards but you technically remain a student until you get your results which I guess are in August.

In terms of contact, both institutions are VERY well known and will have visits from casting directors and important industry professionals. Both offer an agent showcase which is vital.
Can I ask how the Arts Ed audition was? How long did it take to hear back from them after your audition?Well done by the way!
Reply 5
The arts ed audition was really good, the teacher / panel spent alot of time in redirection and they didn't let anyone go untill he was sure that he has tried everything in the particular auditioners. I would recommend you to read blogs and watch vlogs of people online and on YouTube respectively to know exactly how the day is going to be, as it helped me alot. 90% of the day was exactly how it was explained in these forums.

All the best! I applied for MA on acting and the teachers seemed pretty nice. Still I have heard that their campus is not in the main arts ed building and about 1 or 2 miles away from the main campus.
Original post by sandra3michelle
Can I ask how the Arts Ed audition was? How long did it take to hear back from them after your audition?Well done by the way!
Reply 6
Did you get offered a place at GSA from the audition or from a reserve list? Xxx well done on both!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending