English literature<<<<2 days to go till the exam 2019(Edexcel) Watch

Notprepared
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What question do you think it might come up for inspector call and Macbeth part a. And b?
LSeren
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not sure about Macbeth (I'm doing 'The Scarlet Letter' instead). 'An Inspector Calls' usually they have a character analysis question and a theme question, my tutor says it will probably be something along the lines of 'Discuss the relationship between Sheila and Gerald' and 'Discuss how the author portrays guilt in 'An Inspector Calls'".

I am really hoping for questions on Sheila though, I know much much more about her than any of the other characters.

Also, another question they may have for 'An Inspector Calls' is 'discuss the symbolism of the character of Inspector Goole'.
(Original post by Notprepared)
What question do you think it might come up for inspector call and Macbeth part a. And b?
Good luck with the exams!!!!
zazzy.r
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've done some digging and based on the past papers, it'll be goole, eric or sheila good luck everyone!!
(Original post by LSeren)
Not sure about Macbeth (I'm doing 'The Scarlet Letter' instead). 'An Inspector Calls' usually they have a character analysis question and a theme question, my tutor says it will probably be something along the lines of 'Discuss the relationship between Sheila and Gerald' and 'Discuss how the author portrays guilt in 'An Inspector Calls'".

I am really hoping for questions on Sheila though, I know much much more about her than any of the other characters.

Also, another question they may have for 'An Inspector Calls' is 'discuss the symbolism of the character of Inspector Goole'.

AspiringAccount
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Please tell me you're referring to the upcoming edexcel literature paper 1 section B when you say it's a choice between a character analysis question and a theme question.
zazzy.r
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
it wouldn't be the relationship between characters, surely? wouldn't it just be a character and a theme, straight up??

ThinkingRightNow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by zazzy.r)
it wouldn't be the relationship between characters, surely? wouldn't it just be a character and a theme, straight up??
it might, but they're gonna run out of characters at some time, so theyre gonna have to resort to relationships
zazzy.r
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
but they've only had three characters so far...
(Original post by ThinkingRightNow)
it might, but they're gonna run out of characters at some time, so theyre gonna have to resort to relationships
Notprepared
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
What the hell the exam was annoying
Notprepared
Rep:
?
Can I just say the porter coming up in Macbeth is the same as Edna coming up in an inspector
Thanks a lots Edexcel
AspiringAccount
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What the hell the exam was annoying
dude I got done dirty with twelfth night and an inspector calls the latter was just due to time management issues.
salimyasin10
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I've done some digging and based on the past papers, it'll be goole, eric or sheila good luck everyone!!
It was actually Goole lol
Notprepared
Rep:
?
Haha get prepared for the second one
(Original post by AspiringAccount)
dude I got done dirty with twelfth night and an inspector calls the latter was just due to time management issues.
AspiringAccount
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Haha get prepared for the second one
Got anything for Frankenstein? Cause i'm royaly f*cked for that section not to mention unseen poetry. Relationship anthology though I just plan on memorizing the flashcards here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/r...rature-poetry- it got me 14 marks in the mocks so i'm calm. Anyway I hope you get the results you want.
Notprepared
Rep:
?
Yeah u too. By the way I’m owing conflict for poetry and Christmas carol also do u know he grade bondariw
(Original post by AspiringAccount)
Got anything for Frankenstein? Cause i'm royaly f*cked for that section not to mention unseen poetry. Relationship anthology though I just plan on memorizing the flashcards here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/r...rature-poetry- it got me 14 marks in the mocks so i'm calm. Anyway I hope you get the results you want.
AspiringAccount
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yeah u too. By the way I’m owing conflict for poetry and Christmas carol also do u know he grade bondariw
boss man Tolgarda has the grade boundaries for 2017 and 2018 in this thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5896242
If the grade boundaries are lowered or higher it'll be by 5 is what i'm betting.
zazzy.r
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
a success for the common man, i feel.
(Original post by salimyasin10)
It was actually Goole lol
salimyasin10
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
lol legit before i went to school, i was watching some grade 9 analysis on.. Goole i didnt finish the vid and was kinda pissed but then thought it wouldnt come up, but then it act came up and i expressed my happpiness in the exam hall, i was lucky not to be heard.
But that luck doe, it was kinda a pisstake, i watched 3 min of the vid and did 3 sides, but he watched the whole video and more from that same yt channel and he wrote 5 sides.
a success for the common man, i feel.
zazzy.r
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
of the four, i thought he was the least likely to come up so i legit did no revision meaning it was all from just general knowledge love lifeeeee
(Original post by salimyasin10)
lol legit before i went to school, i was watching some grade 9 analysis on.. Goole i didnt finish the vid and was kinda pissed but then thought it wouldnt come up, but then it act came up and i expressed my happpiness in the exam hall, i was lucky not to be heard.
But that luck doe, it was kinda a pisstake, i watched 3 min of the vid and did 3 sides, but he watched the whole video and more from that same yt channel and he wrote 5 sides.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (390)
26%
The paper was reasonable (649)
43.27%
Not feeling great about that exam (298)
19.87%
It was TERRIBLE (163)
10.87%

Watched Threads